Chapter 16: Contingency

Ta-da!

We reached the airport two hours before our flight and I wasn't sure how long Izhar would keep our destination a secret since I'd be able to figure it out once we got on the plane. They would announce it, and the tv's would either have the time en route on it or display a map of where we were headed. He wouldn't give me the boarding passes since it had the place's name. I was curious as to how he'd keep it up.

"You know, I will eventually find out where we are going right?" I asked.

We sat in the chairs across from our terminal gate and Izhar typed away on his phone as I looked around. It was busy for the middle of February and most of the airport was packed with businessmen instead of tourists. I tried to decipher the many possibilities of where we could be going.

"I know, but this just makes it more theatrical," he said.

He turned to me, putting his phone in his pocket and leaned his head against the head of his chair.

I impatiently fidgeted with my fingers, and he suddenly took my hands in his. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and looked away from his cerulean blue eyes. They were bright with excitement and he'd been smiling since we'd reached the airport.

"We have a stop on our way to the destination, but we'll get there by car." He played with my fingers and smiled at me.

"You already have a car waiting?" I asked.

He nodded his head and listened to the intercom. "Flight C315 for Lufthansa Airlines, please start boarding at Gate C3."

The lady over the intercom repeated twice more and Izhar got up. "That's us. Come on!"

After going through security, we both boarded the plane, and I took a seat as Izhar put our bags on the shelves above us. Before I sat down, Izhar turned off both our tv screens and had strictly warned me not to turn either one on.

"What if I wanna watch something?" I complained.

"Then let me know and I'll turn it on for you," he smirked.

I grumbled in annoyance and looked out my window. I tried to peer at the seats beside us, but it didn't help since I could only see the edge of the screens. Well, they'd announce it so I would hear it then. Izhar had insisted that we ride first class since he was a silver member, but I wanted to ride in the economy class because I didn't want the extra expenses. In the long run, he had won because he had some kind of member points that we could use. The seats were wide and luxurious, and the windows were bigger. The bottom of the seats stretched into a makeshift bed, and because we had gotten seats on the side of the plane, Izhar's and my seat were across from each other.

Neighboring passengers filled in the empty spots of our cabin, and soon enough, the co-pilot had come over the speaker to give greetings and introduce herself and the pilot as well. I grinned over to Izhar, and he smirked back. They were going to say where we were going and I was excited to finally find out.

"Our flight will be approximately 10 hours long. Please let us know if you need anything, and enjoy your flight to---" her voice was suddenly cut off.

I looked over at the flight attendant that strapped herself in the attendant's cabin in confusion. The cut off was smooth as if deleting what she said all together.

"What's wrong?" Izhar asked.

I watched him as a devilish grin took over his lips, and he leaned forward. "The pilot didn't say where we were going," I said bluntly.