Chapter 25: A Desi Wedding Household Part 1

AHHHH! #6 in Spiritual as of Monday December 28th, 2015! You guys are the best! I. CAN'T. EVEN. Ya'll better be thankful on how long this chapter is and how many IzhaRan scenes there are. ;) EEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down while clapping hands together like a little girl* Since it's a long update, will you guys comment along the way? Please? :)

"Nouran beti, can you please get the platter filled with rose petals?" 

"Bhabi which pair of shoes should I wear with my dress?" 

"Nouran Bhabi, Kabir won't shut up about being nervous."

"Nour where's my cologne?" 

"Uff, beta please tell them to stop eating all the ladoos!" 

"Coming!" I yelled.

I sighed heavily through my nose and made my way to the kitchen. Everyone was yelling and shouting throughout the whole house, and I had not one or two people looking for me, but the whole entire house. 

We were to head to the masjid for the Nikaah in less than 45 minutes and everyone was still not fully ready. During the busy day for the past 48 hours, Imaan, Mahira, Amirah, and their other cousins had summoned me and pulled me out of the trance so I could get ready. I was adorned in a pale pink long traditional gown that reached the floor, and it was simple with long sleeves. The dupatta was mint green and made of net. The group of beauticians that Kabir was bribed into hiring for all the females in the family had pulled my hair up in a braided bun with a golden leaf headband. I wore a stone statement necklace I'd received on my Walima and bangles in each hand and matching earrings finished the job. 

I had spent the last four hours trying to get everyone ready and out of the house, but was quickly called here and there for anonymous help and irrelevant errands. 

"Bhabi! Izhar Bhaiya won't shut up, he's been looking all over the house for you," Amirah strolled into the kitchen holding Sahar's hand. 
I handed her the platter filled to the top with rose petals and said, "Haye Allah, I'm coming!" 

"No Bhabi, you don't understand. He needs you like right now!" she said sternly. 

Sahar looked at me and nodded her head too. "Yes, right now!"

"Okay... sheesh," I said, bending down to Sahar's level.

I pinched Sahar's cheek and bobbed her nose with mine. I got up and turned towards the big doors that lead to the living room. I heard Amirah and Sahar giggle behind me, and I turned around suspiciously putting my hands on my hips. They quickly masked themselves and Amirah shook her head seriously as Sahar covered her mouth. I smiled and shook my head at both of them. 

I had several encounters by the time I reached the room Izhar and I were staying in. Though we had planned on remaining in a hotel, Maya Phuppo and Kareem Phuppa had not heard any of it. Everyone wanted to spend time together, and the only way to spend every moment was to stay together under one roof. 

I knocked and slowly opened the heavy door. I walked in, and Izhar was nowhere to be found. "Izhar?" I called.

I looked around the room, stopping at the vanity where his reflection caught my eye. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my back to his chest. His heart murmured steadily through the thin fabric of my dress. We both looked at our entwined reflection in the mirror and smiled. My cheekbones looked almost as high as his, and my eyes were kohl rimmed and lids coated in a pink and black smokey eye to match my dress. The cosmetician had opted for a simple look and soft colors that brought out my sharp features.