Chapter 46: Parallel Universes Between You and Me

Please shower the chapter with comments and votes! We have four more chapters left before the epilogue, so let's make it count in sha Allah! :)

Thank you ssha1kh for the amazing picture! I love it! X♡X♡

Who got their copy? ;)

Izhar had left the next week, even though he was second guessing whether or not he wanted to let me go from his sight for three short days. He had a hard time coming to terms with being in a different state while I was halfway done with my pregnancy. It had taken a lot of coercing and cajoling, but at the end I had made him see reason and our families swayed his decision even in the slightest.

While he was away, I stayed over at Mama's, everyone took care of me and pampered me as Izhar had left me in their hands. Izhar's interview was yesterday, and today was the photoshoot. In sha Allah he was to fly back tomorrow, and at the moment he was having a difficult time deciding what to wear. 

I sat on my bed with my iPad turned on, resting on the pillow I'd placed on my lap. I watched him traipse over his luxurious hotel suite, picking and choosing different shirts and coats. The baby was getting a kick out of watching daddy worry over his outfit for the magazine shoot. 

"This one goes well with the trousers don't you think?" he asked from the other side as he buttoned up his shirt and looked back at me through the camera. 

"Izhar, I already told you that you'd look handsome in either one of them," I grinned in confidence. 

It was hilarious to watch him worry over what to wear since he always dressed nicely without any hints of confusion and hesitancy.

"Haha, thank you darling, but seriously! How's this?" he asked, buttoning up his wrists and raving a hand through his thick tousled hair. 

"Perfect," I said. 

"Are you just saying that so I don't try on another one?" he rested his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow at me as he came closer to the camera. 

I muffled my laughter behind my hand and beamed at him. "Hey! You look very handsome, now try on the grey tweed coat," I assessed his appearance, and he gave me a mischievous glare as he turned around and grabbed the coat. 

By the end, we'd opted for dark navy slacks that were snugly fit paired with tawny and cinnamon shoes, a light shade of a bleu de France button up shirt, the gray Armani tweed coat, and suspenders that made him classy and daring. A smile lingered on my face as I thought about the many girls that would stare at him for sure as he walked down the crowded streets of New York City. I would have to be sure to ask him about any young and curious beautiful interns that passed him their number. 

In the past week, before Izhar had left, I was put on all pre-natal vitamins known to man that I was not originally taking, and my nausea was being scrupulously monitored. I had been feeling awfully ill, and the weight loss was rapid with very few leaps in the baby's weight. I was starting to worry that the baby wasn't growing according to the methodologies of pregnancy, but this week's monitoring would predict whether or not I had to be put on IV. I was the same as I was in the past months, if not worse, and everyone was on my case. 

When I wasn't vomiting and feeling sick to my stomach, I tried to keep up with my diet as much as possible. However, it seemed as if whatever I put in my system came out sooner or later. The abrupt and unforeseen nosebleed I had the week before was considered a normal pregnancy symptom. A lot of pregnant women got them more frequently than others while some didn't get them at all, and it was one more thing Izhar was assured of even though the IV was on his mind ever since my appointment.