Chapter 48: What Ever Happened To Happily Ever After? Part 1

AsSalaamualaikum everyone. :) I am done with my hiatus for now! Please understand that sometimes everything gets to stressful to update. So if I don't update, then it's probably because I'm too busy with other things that are top priorities. Thank you to those readers who have been exceptionally patient and have understood my situation regardless of how long it took me to update. Lots of love.

Quick poll time!!! There is no right or wrong answer, I'm just curious. (:

All in favor of saving Nour, please say "Aye" or raise a hand.

All in favor of saving Baby Khan, please say "Aye" or raise a hand.

Well, this is interesting. Now #TeamNouran and #TeamBabyKhan, please don't start fighting; technically speaking, I think we are all on the same team. *.* I have a feeling both teams are about to kidnap me regardless, so I'm just gonna... go. *covers eyes* Enjoy! *rapidly waves and quickly scurries away into the shadows*

P.S. Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT as we are running in the #Wattys2016. Every vote and comment counts and means the world She Is My Hayaat and me. So please remember to do so and go back and vote on all previous chapters that you may have forgotten originally. Please and thank you! Peace, love, and blessings.

~A long chapter for all my lovely readers.~

******

Adam: *crosses arms over chest and hesitantly looks at Anam with solemn eyes* Is it starting?

Anam: *looks back at Adam and gently nods her head* It sure is. *silently looks away and sighs*

"I'm so sorry...."

"I'm sorry Nouran...."

No, no, no.

There was just so much one person could handle, and humans were like glass. No matter how strong of an exterior we showcased, we were still fragile with a limited capacity. This had to be one of those horrifying nightmares that would worry me sick and keep my mind consumed in fictitious thoughts where something was always bound to go wrong. Either this was another one of those bad dreams or it was a mistake. It had to be a mistake. We always tried to keep them minimal to zero in the medical field, but that wasn't always the case. As long as we were alive and the world spun on its axis acquiring anything manmade or technology based, mistakes were bound to occur.

This just had to be one.

I didn't know how I picked up my legs and walked out of the hospital without tripping over my swollen feet or bumping into someone without noticing it. I had no clue as to how I got into my car and drove back home without crashing into someone else as my eyes didn't have any point of perception, and everything from the roads, to the cars, and to the lights, and people were all a blur.

My eyes were glossy, and even though they'd been open, they couldn't and didn't want to see anything at all as the remnants of life mocked me, and the moments I had left in the world dripped down my pale countenance.

"We could be able to save one life."

The words were filled with sympathy and pity, scorching my body with howls of fire and swallowing me whole in the vortex of oblivion. It had finally come for me, and my biggest nightmare had turned into a deathly reality.