Chapter 22: Set You Free

SALAAMS my dear readers! I am so very sorry that I haven't updated in so long. My final exams are coming way to soon, and I have been so busy lately. Please keep me in your prayers and Duas! Don't worry I will never leave you guys alone on the cliff for too long. :) Enjoy!

ALERT ALERT red flags everywhere: Dangerous content towards the end. Read with caution and at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any broken hearts! ♡

"Mubarak everyone! Alhamdullilah Bhabi and the twins are all healthy!" I smiled widely at everyone.

They all swarmed me once I came out of the surgery room with the late night on-call doctor.

"Where are they? Can we see Zarha?" Bhaiya asked impatiently.

"They are cleaning her up. You can see her in half an hour. And the babies will be coming out shortly before taking them for testing," I said.

"Testing? Is everything okay?" Mama asked.

I walked up to her and took her hands in mine, "Yes Mama, Alhamdullilah. It's normal, just to make sure everything's functioning properly."

"So when do we get to meet the twins?" Izhar asked impatiently.

"Well isn't someone impatient," I teased.

Everyone chuckled and his cheeks turned a light shade of blush pink.

"Right now," I said as two nurses came out the room holding the babies. We all gushed at their tiny little crying bodies.

Bhaiya was in tears and kissed his two bundles of joy over and over again. After everyone got a glance and caress, Izhar read the Adhan in the baby girl's ear and Bhaiya in the baby boy's.

As he held the tiny baby in his arms, I couldn't help but stare at him. His eyes were closed, and lips moved in a steady rhythm by the doll's ear. His eyelashes coated his high cheekbones and it took all my willpower to not run my fingers over his sharp features. After he finished, he blew over her and smiled down at her open eyes.

"In sha Allah, they'll be back in about an hour," I assured them.

"I'm going to find the prayer room and extend Nafl," Bhaiya said.

"I'll go too," Izhar said.

I smiled at both of them and gave them directions to the closest praying room. It was for all religions and had an indication as to which way the Qibla was, so it was nice to pray in between shifts.

As we waited for the twins and to meet Bhabi and for Bhaiya and Izhar to come back, Sabr and I went to the gift shop downstairs and bought flowers, balloons, and a big teddy bear that said Proud Parents of Twins on the shirt it wore. Sabr and I had been shopping for the twins ever since we found out their genders. We were both on shopping overload for the past three months picking up clothes, accessories, baby furniture, and anything we found cute or necessary.

When we were called into the room, we all gave our congratulations. Everyone was so happy, and the room radiated with excitement, sleep and all other things forgotten. Bhabi and Bhaiya couldn't stop looking at each other and smiling as they held their children.

After everyone got their turn with them, I asked them if they had decided names. We all had given our suggestions, but never knew what they finally picked. I smiled at myself thinking about the many times Izhar and I had gotten into an argument as we debated on what would be a better name.

"We actually have decided on the names," Bhaiya looked at Bhabi as he held his precious daughter.

"Yes, we have! Our son's name is Subhan Ilyas Hameed," Bhabi said.