Chapter 4

Rocky was so happy to hear the news that I was moving to California. Stormie seemed relieved that I wasn't going to keep the twins from her. Mark wasn't happy about it. He was more supportive now, but I don't think he wanted the drama closer to home.

"When are you moving?" Stormie asked, taking Rory from my arms.

"At the end of the school year." I took Rose from my mom.

"That's still a month away! What are you gonna do until then?"

"I guess it will be up to mom and I to take care of the babies. We might have to hire a babysitter."

"I can always stay here for a month." Riker added.

"If Riker's staying I'm staying." Rocky moved closer to me.

"I'll stay too." Ross said, looking down at Rory.

"You can't all three stay." Stormie shut them up. "Only one of you will stay. The other two need to come back to California."

"Why do we need to?" Ross asked.

"Have you forgotten? You have a meeting with your record label on Monday. It's already Saturday. You have to be back and be ready. This is very important."

"So how do we decide who stays?" Riker took Rose from my arms.

"You're the leader." Ross turned to Riker. "You have to go back."

"And you're the one that always talks to them." Riker shot back.

"Rocky writes most of the songs, he can't stay." Mark tried helping.

"So who stays?" Ross asked.

"I would say it would probably be best for Riker to stay."

Riker smirked. "I'm good with that."

"That's not fair!" Ross whined.

"Riker's right." Mark countered. "You need to be there to talk with them. It's best if he stays."

"I can write songs from here." Rocky fought.

"All of your equipment is in California."

"It's alright guys." Riker smiled. "I'll take good care of Ashley and the babies."

"I'm more concerned about the, "taking care of Ashley," part." Ross rolled his eyes.

"Ross." I stopped him from going any further. "It will be fine."

"It's not you that I'm worried about." He looked at Riker. "I'm worried that Riker can't keep it in his pants."

"Ross!" Stormie hit his shoulder. "Why would you say that?"

Ross rubbed his shoulder. "If you haven't noticed, Riker does have a kid."

"Yeah, so do you." Mark added.

"Yeah, but. I know I-" Ross looked around at everyone. "Never mind." He muttered.

"I don't have a problem with Riker staying." Mom tried to break the awkward silence. "As long as you sleep in the guest room."

"I agree." Stormie handed Rory to Mark.

"Oh, mom." Riker rolled his eyes. "I'm twenty three. I'm a big boy now."

"Well Ashley's not. So you and your, "big boy," will be sleeping in the guest room." Mark covered his mouth once he realized what he said.

Riker licked his lips and smirked. "I think Ashley kinda likes my, "big boy.""