Chapter 2

Chase's POV

I was sitting in my office when someone knocked on the door.

"Come In!" I yelled and when I said that one of my female pack members came bustling in and breathing heavily.

"Yes Megan?" I questioned, lifting an eyebrow

" th-there was a woman that was in time square and she grabbed a human and took her to the woods. When they came back the human was unharmed but the woman had blood at the tip of her mouth" Megan sated timidly .

At that I was worried for the human, wondering if she was turned to one of those heartless things they call vampires.

" Was she turned?" was all I could say,

"No, she still smelled human, but the vampire was odd, it had purple eyes that I didn't have the strength to meet and sent out waves of power" she replied all in one breath. Looking at her, I could tell she was telling the truth but also scared of my reaction. Call it an alpha's sense but it helps.

" Did you see where she left?" I asked a little hurt that she thought that I might harm  her.

" She went in the direction of the school" Megan finished, grabbing a lock of her hair and twirling it around her finger nervously .

I quickly dismissed her and called my beta Dylan to go to the school and meet this supposed vampire.