Chapter 16

I woke up, my vision hazy, and my head pounding. I look around the unfamiliar white room, it smells like antiseptic wipes. Thats when everything comes came back to me,the fighting, the biting, and the silver tooth. I groaned, I guess I was loud because Chase came in not five seconds later with a hopeful look on his face. When he saw I was awake he smiled, not a small one either a full blown happy smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

" How long was I out? " I managed to croak out of my dry throat

" About a day "

He looked like he stayed up all night with dishelved hair and bags under his eyes. My stomach growled and my eyes widened, I was hungry, but not for food. I guess Chase noticed my uneasiness.

" Destiny, what's wrong? "

" I'm hungry "

" Okay then, what do you want to eat? "

" not that kind of hungry "

" What are yo-... oh "

" yeah "

I know I'm not strong enough to hunt yet, and I think Chase knew it too. Now, you're probably like,       " Well, what if Chase  lets her drink from him. " Well, unless you want him to die then I can't.

" Well, yo- "

Chase's head snapped up and made a low growl.

" Chase, what's wrong "

" vampire "

" don't you mean vampires "

" no there's only one, I got to go " He said pecking my lips and leaving out the door.

I tried staying in bed but, being the curious person I am I got out of bed. Wincing at the pain when I accidentally put too much weight on my bad leg, I limped over to the window.  I looked out of it to see Chase and his beta... what was his name again um.. Dylan! That's right his name was Dylan, the third in command was standing right behind them but he didn't look as intimidating. They were glaring.. well Chase and the third command were glaring Dylan had a weird expression on his face, looking at the girl who was calmly walking over to them as if they were pups. She looked vaguely familiar, so I looked harder at every detail about her.That is until I saw the cross bow necklace on her neck, my eyes widened in realization and a huge smile broke out onto my face. I turned around and started limping out the door and down the stairs, I went to the kitchen to get a cup of water for my dry throat when I saw the one and only Regina. I ignored her and went to get a cup of water when a hand stopped me, I looked at it it was perfectly manicured hand with tons of bangles at the wrist, not hard to guess who's it was.

" Not so fast, bitch "

" What do you want Regina "

" Why the fuck are you calling me Regina, my name is Katherine "

" Oops, I guess all sluts look alike "

" BITCH! "

She moved her hand to slap my face when I caught her hand about 2 centimeters away from my cheek. I probably would have been faster if I had blood in my system but you have to work with what you got. I started holding her wrist tighter and tighter until she was on her knees begging me to stop, I bent down to whisper in her ear.

" If you're going to slap me, might as well finish the job " I said with hate dripping from every syllable 

I stood up and grabbed a cup as if nothing happened and filled it with water, I drank it all but it didn't help much. Limping out of the pack house I was behind Chase when I yelled

" Poppy! "

" Des! "

We were about to hug when someone growled and blocked me from her, I looked up and it was Chase and I sighed.

" Get your panties out of their bunch she's my best friend "

" But she's a vampire! " The third in command said with every word laced with hatred.

" And your point is? "

H seemed to realize his mistake and he looked nervous

" Uhh... n-nothing.. just...just..stating the obvious... I'll go now " He said walking briskly back to the pack house.

I looked at the other boys Chase looked confused while Dylan had an awestruck expression on his face staring at Poppy.

" Now lets get to that hug we were about to have before we were so rudely interrupted " Poppy said glaring at Chase.

" Yeah, whatever " He grumbled

She walked over and hugged me. She pulled back, leaving me at arms length away from her.

" Girl, wait up you need blood you're weak as a mother fucker " Poppy said grabbing her pack and pulling out a blood bag.

" Ohh thank the goddess you're a life saver! " I said happily opening the bag and drinking it.

" Oh, and one more thing " she said and leaned to whisper in my ear " That guy over there is my mate " she said pointing at Dylan who was still staring at her.

" Is Poppy your real name? "

" No, Des here just calls me that. My real name is Penelope "

" Come on Chase lets leave them to be alone " I said winking at Poppy who blushed and turned around. I walked over to Chase and held out my arms. " Carry me pwease " I asked using a baby voice at the end

Chase sighed and shook his head but I didn't miss the smile that broke onto his face when he lifted me up bridal style and started walking back to the pack house. He walked up the stairs and opened the door to our room and sat me on the bed. Crouching down and placing a palm on either side of my face he told me in all seriosness

" You know you're beautiful right... even after being unconscious for 24 hours. And I love you." chuckling at the end a little

 " I love you too. And you're handsome even after being awake for 24 hours strait " I said laughing at the end

" Now let go of me so I could go shower I feel dirty " I said getting up while Chase laid down on the bed

" Okay " he replied yawning

I entered the bathroom and turned on the shower. Removing my clothes and when it finally got hot I stepped in, making me sigh in contentment at how the water felt pounding on my sore muscles. After applying shampoo and conditioner I start to wash my body and when I got to my legs I looked at my wound. It was healing fast and now it just looked like a deep laceration. When I was done, I turned off the water and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my body. Opening the door I smiled at the sight before me, Chase was asleep cuddling with the extra pillow we had on the bed.

" Not so much of a big bad alpha now are you Chase "

Walking into my closet I put on a black bra and watching underwear, with loose fitting shorts and one of Chase's shirts. I loved wearing his shirts, they're comfortable and smelt like him. I left the room and walked downstairs to see Penelope and Dylan were about to play Left 4 Dead.

" I CALL ZOEY! " I yelled jumping on the couch

They chuckled and shook their heads but still let me play as her. A few rounds and dead witches later my eyelids started to feel heavy. So I put my controller down, said goodnight, walked to our room and fell on the bed for a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my pandas! I updated and hopefully it's long because it took me forever to type. Dylan found his mate! yay! Rejoice! Do you like Penelope? Remember if you like this chapter comment/vote and stuffs. Oh, and llamas have feelings too, don't tell them they're ugly.

                                                                                                                          ~ Momma Panda