Bonus Chapter #3 - [29]

Winning chapter, as voted by the readers: chapter twenty-nine.
I hope you enjoy! 

Amanda was at times infuriating and other times amusing. However, there was so much more to her than that; she was witty, smart, beautiful and incredible to talk to. The more I got to know her the more I regretted saying that thing about her sister all those months ago. That had been a díck move. 

She was also understanding. Surprise had taken me when I'd basically had a melt-down about the future. She'd helped me through that so well - too well, in fact, because I'd stupidly blurted out the one thing I was unsure of - love.

I didn't love her, did I? And yet, it felt like I would fall so head over heels.

I sighed and picked up my phone, a grin finding its way onto my face as I sent:

Harry:
Just know that the offer to kiss me still stands.

When she didn't reply straight away, I continued to bombard her with texts.

Harry:
And it will for a while...

Nothing.

Harry:
Forever. Or maybe until you finally decide to lay a smooch or two...
Yeah...

Ten minutes later, I sighed deeply and began to wonder if I was coming on to strong. Was I?

I asked:

Harry:
Have I scared you, Amanda?

To which, she still didn't reply. Great, I thought. Just great.

Harry:
Oh, God I have. I'm sorry!

"You idiot," I spoke, running my hands through my hair. "Cool it or she's gonna block you ... again."

I jumped up from the couch and moved through to the kitchen, checking my phone every now and again. No messages. I groaned to myself as I made some tea and nibbled my way through some biscuits. What was wrong with me? I'd like to think nothing, but according to Amanda there were many things.

But she did like to tease me. And I, her. It was just friendly banter. I was an alright bloke, I was positive about that. My mother had brought me up to be a gentleman and to respect others. And I did to the best of my ability. If you wanted people to be nice to you, you need to be nice to them. I believed that, strongly.

My phone buzzed.

Amanda:
Harry...
I was in the shower, calm the hell down. Ffs.