Bonus Chapter #6 - [55]

Winning chapter, as voted by the readers: fifty-five. 
I hope you enjoy! 

I began to panic. Everything was so sudden, and moving way too fast. I'd been completely unprepared for Harry's visit, and not to mention - he was sitting downstairs waiting for me, which made things a hell of a lot worse. If he had been five minutes away, then it may not have been so bad. With the little time I had, I scampered around my room like a mad person to get ready.

I groaned as I received a text, knowing very well that it was Harry getting impatient.

Harry:
It has been like, ten minutes. What the hell are you doing? Digging to China?

I just groaned and threw my phone on my bed as I rushed around to make my self semi-presentable. I'd taken the shortest shower in my life only moments ago, and trying to find clothes that weren't dirty or rumpled was proving to be a difficult task. 

Why me? I kept wondering as I raced around and pulled on some jeans lying at the bottom of my cupboard. They looked and smelled clean, and that was good enough for me. 

My phone buzzed again and I stomped over to it to find a few more texts from none other than the nosy bugger downstairs that happened to be none other than my boyfriend.

Boyfriend. It still felt funny to say it like that. He was honestly the sweetest guy I had ever met, and my friends and parents had told me several times that I was lucky to have ended up with someone so genuine and kind.

Harry:
Amanda.
Hello.
Are you still alive?
...
Don't make me come up-stairs.
...
I will, I mean it.
The ice-cream is melting.

His messages caught my attention; well, one in particular.

Amanda:
Not the ice-cream!

Harry:
You ARE alive!

Amanda:
Of course I'm alive!
I had to rush into the shower and blow dry my hair then find clean clothes.
You gave me no time to look presentable.

"Perfume!" I gasped suddenly before I searched in drawers and on top of cupboards for my glass bottle of rose fragrance. It was my favourite, and Harry had once commented on it when we were in the lunch hall together.

He had unexpectedly crept up behind me, wrapped his arms round me and whispered, "You smell amazing," in my ear before he sat down beside me and stole a chip from my plate. Me being me, I poked his hand with my fork and he'd just scowled disapprovingly at me before laughing and attempted to take another. Then I'd threatened him with the knife and he'd backed down. 

Harry:
You love me really :3