Bonus Chapter #7 - [70]

Winning chapter, as voted by the readers: chapter seventy. 
I hope you enjoy! (Unedited)

The so called 'party' turned out to be a bunch of my relatives and a few of my mates hanging around the house while eating finger-food and sending a congratulatory comment my way every so often. It was amazing to see my whole family together and having fun, even if said fun extended to a few drinks, some banter and a cocktail sausage. 

My mother was ecstatic; overly ecstatic that I found her tearing up every few minutes, a tissue at her eyes to try control her happy tears. I was truthfully surprised that I wasn't the one crying. I dare say back at the stage was where I'd let all my emotions run wild. So had the other guys who happened to be in the exact same situation as me.

Being thrown into a band last minute, completely out of nowhere had left me bewildered to start with. It just seemed too random to actually be true. The mention of the word 'boyband' instantly conjured horrendous images of dreadful synchronized dance routines, matching outfits and ugly hairstyles that were commonly associated with boybands of the 90's. Once, they had been something to envy, to love. Nowadays, if that were to happen, you'd no doubt be laughed at. I just prayed that none of the other boys were into recreating that kind of image. At least I knew Zayn hated dancing.

"Harry!"

Amanda's voice broke me from my thoughts and I instantly jumped from my seat and ran down to meet her. Wrapping my arms around her had never felt so good, and she just laughed as I picked her up and spun her round in a circle like they did in the movies.

"You came!" 

"Of course I did, you just got through to the next damn round! What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't come to congratulate you?" she asked, smiling widely at me. I was surprised when she stood on her toes to kiss me. Just a peck on the lips, so innocent yet so meaningful. "I can't believe it, I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm happy for me too!" I said, flashing a cheeky smile. "God, it's been a crazy few days. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," she said before hugging me again. I took the opportunity to inhale her perfume and I smiled into her hair. She made me happy beyond words, and the thought of losing her after trying so hard to be with her would break me. Mum had even told me to hold onto her for as long as possible.

"I must warn you," I began, holding her at arms length, "that this party is a bit of a flop. It's pretty boring."

"Surely not if you're  here?" she teased before taking my hand and leading me back towards the house. "I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is. After all, it's your party, Tarzan."

I grinned. She was right. It was my party, and it was held in celebration of something that would never happen again. This was a once in a life time kind of party, and I planned to enjoy every second of it with Amanda.

As soon as we entered the house, we were met with another chorus of congratulations. I just thanked everyone as quickly as I could before leading Amanda through towards the kitchen. I groaned when I saw my mother standing talking to some relatives, knowing deep down that she would embarrass me somehow. She'd only met Amanda a few times before, and due to the fact she had downed a few drinks, there was no doubt about it that she was going to be a little bit more than embarrassing.