Bonus Chapter #8 - [75]

Winning chapter, as voted by the readers: chapter seventy-five.
I hope you enjoy!

My first impression of the boys was that they all look ridiculously nervous. Therefore, I thought they would be no fun at all to hang around with. But much to my amazement and relief, they were all chatty, funny and down to earth away from the stage. My fear had been that none of them would want to talk and get to know each other.

Liam, as serious as he was about the whole thing, was actually really nice. He told us all about how nervous he had been during his first shot on the show and how getting through to Simon's house had been one of the greatest feelings in the world. He told us about his family and their support and the fact that this being his second time, was why he was so anxious and desperate to go forward. All of that was fair enough, because out of the five of us, who didn't want to do well at this point? Gigs were what Liam had been doing for as long as he could remember, and we all listened intently as he told us about his troublesome childhood and how he was lucky to be alive due to having had a severe kidney problem. 

Niall was loud. Or loud when he wanted to be. Everywhere he went, his guitar went with him. It was almost like another shadow, but there was no denying that when he started playing a familiar song, all of us would get into it and sing along all while still goofing around and not taking it too seriously - which was probably the worst thing to be doing considering that we didn't have much time until Judges Houses. Niall spoke proudly of his Irish home-town and how he had been an odd mix of terrified yet confident during his audition. He was easy to entertain too, for any joke or silly story told was enough to have him laughing like a mad man. 

Zayn was by far the quietest of us all. He did pitch in his feelings and thoughts about the audition and being put into the band. He'd claimed that at first, it had seemed like the worst thing ever, but the more time the lot of us spent talking and getting to know each other, he admitted that we were cool and the band seemed to be a great chance to go far. I envied his voice, especially when we sat singing along to Niall's acoustic rendition of a Kings of Leon song, and Zayn's vocals making us all raise a brow. He spoke highly of his family, how much he loved his sisters and wanted to help his parents out as money was tough at times. He was so down to earth and I'd given him a pat on the back.

Louis was mental. He was loud - louder than Niall - and full of mischief. Despite the fact he was the oldest out of us all, he was by far the most immature. He too spoke of how he'd always been into drama and taken part in school productions, but most of the time he enjoyed telling us about pranks and naughty things he and his mates had been up to back home. He was a laugh, but I could understand why Liam seemed a little ticked off with him at times. Football also was something Louis was heavily into, and thus began the bickering of which football team we all supported, who was the best player and who had scored the most goals.

By the time we'd decided that none of us could be the better player without proof, did Amanda groan and say, "Just play a bloody game then!"

We all looked at her and I immediately felt guilty. I'd completely ignored her for the last five minutes due to footie talk and I instantly wormed my way back to sit beside her. I wrapped an arm around her and planted a small kiss on her head. I grinned and said, "I think we'd injure ourselves, dear."