CHAPTER ONE

The plane arrived just as I stepped out of the cab Anne get me. She said that the plane was hers and she will not bother if I use it whenever I wanted to. Well, that seems odd but I'm grateful that she is there to help and guide me in finding what I am capable of to make a living for my own.

A pilot walk towards me and bowed his head.

"Good evening Ms. Song. We're here to bring you to the Philippines," he said with a kind smile on his face.

I nodded, "Let's go then. I want to know what's in there."

♪♫♪

I closed my eyes when the rays of the sun came pass the window of my room. A sweet sound suddenly rang and it made me curse.

"Wake up sleepy head!"

I cursed him and threw a pillow right on his face.

"Aw dude! What was that for?" he asked and I gave him a death glare.

"Shut your mouth up!" I shouted at Angelo and my sister burst in my room.

"Maki, my kids are still sleeping. And you mister, go make us breakfast now," she said and his husband—which is my best friend—grunted and went out of my room. I gave Claire a grateful stare and she smiled at me.

"You're still affected with the song," she said and sat beside me.

I groaned. "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

She only stared at me and sighed. "You can't convince yourself that you did the right thing, right Maki?" she asked which stunned me for a while. I only stared at her and nodded with a sigh.

"Please, I want to be alone," I whispered and went to the bathroom to fix myself.

I went to my car and find myself driving to that place. What the hell am I doing? I am being crazy right now.

♪♫♪

A gentle tap on my shoulder woke me up. The flight attendant said that we've already arrived so I lazily walk down the plane. A car is waiting for me to drop me off to my condominium. Dr. Pugeda said that she renovated it and cleaned it up for me.

"Miss Song! Welcome back!" the guard greeted me and I just gave him a shy smile. He seems shocked with my response so I frown on my personal guard Dr. Pugeda gave me.

"You don't respond with their greetings, miss," she whispered and I pout with the information she gave me.

When we arrived at my unit, I bumped to a guy that didn't even bother to say his apologies to me.

"I'm sorry!" I said full of sarcasm and turn to him. He stopped for a while but decided to walk again.

I gritted my teeth and look at my bodyguard. She seems to understand and left to follow the guy. Okay, now that I'm all alone—my head! It's throbbing!

♪♫♪

I am totally fooling myself here. She's never coming back, not after what I did. My phone vibrated and I opened the message from Nikki.

'Can you drop here in the studio?'

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I took a final glance in the room and I walked away.

I'm looking down while heading for the elevator when I bumped unto someone. I don't bother to say sorry 'cause it's just a waste of time to do so.

"I'm sorry!" the woman said sarcastically and I stopped. No. She can't be here.

I must have been imagining her voice. No, that's not her.