CHAPTER NINE

Damn it! What have we done to experience this?!

"Maki, calm down! We're doing everything to find her," Angelo said while carrying his son.

"How can I calm down?! What if it's Mariel? How will you be able to calm down?" I frantically asked him.

His expression darken and he answered, "I'll kill whoever will hurt her intentionally. But, being calm is one key to find what you are looking for. We still have 4 hours and my people is almost done tracking Nikki's location."

I just sighed and called Melody. It took a while before she answered.

"Have you tracked her already?" she asked and I only sighed.

"Angelo said they're almost done," I answered.

"Please, if you can do it faster, do it. It isn't just only about Nikki. It's also about her child's safety," she pleaded and I can sense she's crying which pinched my heart.

"Of course love. Don't cry. We'll have them back soon," I assured her.

"Thank you. I have to go, bye," she said and ended the call.

Well, at least that made me smile a bit in the midst of this problem.

♪♫♪

Four hours left and blood lust pulsed in my veins. I couldn't wait to see how stupid they are for not looking at the obvious thing here. I look at Nikki who's sleeping peacefully and sigh. I sat beside her and touch her face.

"You shouldn't have meddle with this,"I whispered and stood up.

I opened the door when someone knocked. Her eyes widen when she saw Maki looking at her with anger and fury in his eyes.

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE WE DONE FOR YOU TO GO FAR LIKE THIS?!" he yell and I closed my eyes briefly.

I looked down and grin. I look coldly at him and step aside to let him inside.

"I believe it would be unpleasant to let my visitor wait outside," I casually said and gestured for him to enter. "Please do come in."

He looked ridiculously at me with his mouth hanging open. I grin a bit and walk inside, knowing he would be following.

"Where is Nikki?" I heard him ask so I stop walking.

"Oh, here I am thinking David will be the one who will come for Nikki Rose. I see I was wrong," I said and look into his eyes.

He glared at me and grabbed my arm. I flinched because of its tightness but I didn't let him have the satisfaction of that so I grinned at him.