CHAPTER SIX

What the hell is happening here? David gave me a call to go to the hospital but when I get there, he said that I'm good to go. Well? Wouldn't you be pissed when someone did that to you?! Gah! Maybe I'll just go to Nikki.

I opened my pad and went straight to the kitchen where I found Nikki eating something weird.

"Yuck Nikki Rose! How could you eat that... thing?" I said and act as if I'm going to throw up but she just rolled her eyes.

"It's what I want! Why are you here anyway?" she said and took a bite of the food—was it even a food? Jeez.

I sat in front of her and look at her seriously. Doesn't she remember?

She looked puzzled and stared back at me. Eventually, she put down her spoon and left me.

"Hey! Where are you going—"

"There' no way I'll come with you!" she cut me off which made me puzzled.

What the hell is she talking about?

"Nikki? Are you alright? Is there something wrong?" I asked curiously when I followed her at her room.

She's just staring outside and sighed.

"I'm sorry Heart... it's just that—never mind. Happy birthday..." she said and forced a smile.

"Thanks but... what's wrong?" I ask and hold her hand.

"Nothing! I'm just... well, I think my pregnancy affects me already," she said which gave me a sense of relief.

"Oh, okay. Mind if I stay here for a little while?" I ask which made her giggle.

"Why, of course! This is your pad anyway," she said and we just lie together at her bed.

It's already dark when I woke up. I haven't noticed we fell asleep and Clovis woke me up with a call.

"Hey, take care," Nikki said and hugged me.

"Don't talk to me as if I'm a mirror. You sure you're not going with me?" I said while waiting for my car.

"Yeah... I'm not yet ready," she said and my car arrived.

"Okay. Bye!"

I almost want to cuss when I got stuck in this dreadful traffic! Oh God, please give me patience here.

My phone rang so I put it on speaker when I answered it.