CHAPTER EIGHT

When I entered the hall where the party is being held, many people—businessmen are all around. I try to look for those people but there's no single trace of of anyone.

"Dr. Beltran! Didn't expect you to be here,"I heard someone from behind said so I secretly look at them and saw David.

I walk away from them so he wouldn't notice me. I took a glass of wine from the waiter who passed by and took a sip from it. I scanned the area once again and smiled when I saw her walking with Nikki.

"I'm looking forward to it," I heard David answered when I start walking toward them. "I guess I'll see you around?"

Mr. Gardiner and David shook hands. He walk towards me I pretend to be oblivious of him. I pretend to almost jump in surprise when he touch my shoulder.

"Let's talk,"he said seriously but I shake my head.

"You're not significant for now."I answered.

"Good evening everyone. May we call on Mrs. Mariel Laurel for the opening remarks," the master of ceremony said which took our attention.

I look at Mariel and pretended to listen to what she's saying.

"Where's Nikki?"

I notice him look at me and smirk.

"What are you planning to do?"he ask me back.

I'm still not looking at him when I answered, "Guess it before it's over."

I walked away leaving him confused.Try to stop me... if you can.

♪♫♪

Pain rushed through me when I saw Maki at the stage with that woman. I know this is for their merger but the pain just won't seem to stop.

"Alright. I hope we'll have a great job within this merger," I heard JAM said and the people applaud.

I decided to just go out when someone caught my arm. His scent is one of the things I can never forget right now.

"Can we talk? Please?" he pleaded.

I sighed and nodded. We went to the garden outside the hotel.

"I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. If only I knew she's going to do that, I would've never gone with her," he started and holds my hand.

I sighed and we sat on the bench.

"I know it's not your fault. I knew her since then. I just don't know why she's doing this. Clovis, I'm forgiving you so please, just please, stay away from her as much as possible," I said and a tear escaped from my eyes.