CHAPTER THREE

"What is wrong with you?!" Mariel asked me while I am not not looking at her. "Maki Clovis Fray, I am asking you!"

I take a deep breath and finally look at her, then my tears suddenly started to fall from my eyes. Her expression softens due to my breakdown. I didn't cry back then but now...

"Hey, I-I know—"

"I hurt her! I hurt her!" I shouted and throw the vase that was on the table beside me to the floor.

"Maki, listen, you didn't want it," she said, trying to calm me.

"Why does it have to happen to me anyway? Why do I need to hurt her that time?!" I asked and tried to stop myself from crying harder.

"Maki... hey, she'll be in danger if you didn't leave her," she said and I sighed.

Silence took over as I look at the horizon so she left me on my room room.

I can hear her sobs outside so I close my eyes and tried to swallow that invisible lump in my throat.

Why does it have to this painful?! Why can't we be happy without hurting her?! It was never her fault.

"She will not be able to find herself."

♪♫♪

Cesium took my bag and put it inside my unit. I look at David and smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem. Just call me if you need my service," he saluted and head for the elevator.

I sighed and went inside. It had been a long week for me. My memories... I'm not gonna think about it for now. I just want to rest.

"Miss," Cesium called me but I shook my head.

"Don't entertain any calls or visit or whatever. I want to take a rest," I said and head to my room.

I look at ceiling and think about those fragments of my memories I dreamt back in the hospital. I always see Maki there... only his face is the thing that's clear for now. I sighed and closed my eyes.

My eyes flew open as a melody started to play in my head. Piano... I'm playing piano.

I look for something that will indicate I have a piano or keyboard here in my room. It seems impossible that I don't have a piano in my unit if I play it back then. I sighed and sat at my bed when I realized something. I look under the bed and found a keyboard. Great! Now... what should I do here?

♪♫♪

I think I need to do something now. If she can't remember me, then I'll make her remember. I climb down the stairs and stopped midway when I saw Nikki standing. She smiled sadly and walk towards me.