CHAPTER ELEVEN

I ran after Melody but then, she's gone already when I reached the lobby of the hospital. I went to my car and drove fast to her house. I knocked on the door over and over but she didn't open it for me.

"Melody, c'mon. It's not what you think! I was just..." I gathered for something I can say when she shouted.

"Go away! You promised me and I trusted you... but you broke it again because of that bitch!"

"Melody! You don't know what you're saying! She's not a bitch!" I answered and it's already too late when I realized what I answered.

I cursed myself.

"Yeah sure. Go and defend her! Go away!" she shouted back and I can hear her sobs.

I'm hurting when I hear her sobs but I can't do anything because she doesn't want me near her.

I heard something crashed inside and I sighed. I silently cried outside her house, hoping she would open up for me.

I saw a car stop at the front house and Angelo climb out of it.

"Maki, dude, what the hell!" he said and look incredulously at me.

I look down and saw Angelo shake his head.

"Get up, Maki Clovis Fray! You better fix yourself!" Angelo said and pulled me up.

He pushed me inside his car, glared at me, and drove out far away from my Heart. He stopped the car outside our bar we build back in college.

"Maybe you should go for a drink," he said and went inside the bar.

I sighed and followed him inside. Even here, I have memories with Melody. Angelo pushed a drink for me.

I drank all the glass' contents with a swallow and look down. I remember the second time I saw her after our encounter in the university's music room.

Angelo and I decided to hire someone to sing for this night because of Mariel and him being engaged. It's just a simple party and Angelo's the one who hired the singer.

"Hey, Maki, can you escort Heart to the backstage?" Angelo asked and I just nod at him.

Nikki hasn't arrived yet and I'm starting to worry if she'll come. She haven't text me yet.

"Heart, c'mon! You asked for work, I helped you! You can't back out now. Just after the set, you're free!"