CHAPTER FIVE

The man dragged me to a room that was just beside where Maki is and I gasped in horror when I saw Nikki was at the corner, weeping like a child—naked. I want to go to her but the man's grip is so strong that even if I struggled, I can't let go of myself.

"I want to go home... please... let me go..." I heard her cry like a child and rock herself back and forth.

The man drag me back to where Maki is and I saw three women enter Nikki's room. I caught a glimpse of familiar color of hair but I don't think she's here. She'll not betray me.

The man screamed in pain after I stabbed the cross pendant of my necklace on my arms. I don't notice that necklace until now but I don't see any regret on using it as a weapon. It's like it is meant as a weapon for me.

I tried to wake Maki again and thankfully, he does.

"M-Melody..." he coughed but I only pulled him up to stand.

"We gotta get out of here!" We run as fast as we can and I was shocked to see many people dead on our way outside.

"M-Melody, wait..." I heard Maki said so I stopped running. We both tried to catch our breath when we heard someone screaming.

Wait... Nikki!

"I-Is that... Nikki?!"

My eyes widen when I saw Nikki running towards us, screaming like there's no tomorrow so I grab her.

"Nikki! Nikki! Hey! It's us!" I said because she keeps on struggling to free herself from me.

"NO! LET GO OF ME! NO! PLEASE!" she keeps on crying so I hug her tightly. I can't stop myself from crying just seeing my sister like this.

"Hey... Nikki, I'm here... it's Heart... hush now," I said and she seemed to heard it.

"H-Heart?" she asked and I just nod at her.

"C'mon now. We'll get out of here," I said and turned to Maki.

Days passed but that nightmare keep on bugging me. Yes. It is indeed a nightmare to us but I think it's worst for Nikki because of what she had been into.

I entered the hospital and found David talking to Auntie Nellie. They both noticed me and based on their expression, something is up.

"What is it?" I asked when Auntie break into tears. I suddenly look at David who cannot look at me. "David."

He sighed and gave me a very sad and hurt smile. "She's—she's pregnant..."