Memoirs of a killer

**sorry dudes. I know I promised ADAM- THE ALTENATIVE ending but I’m struggling as to how to write it so until I get inspired you’re gonna have to deal with this story. This is only a taster and I’ll put the rest on tomorrow along with THE ZOO or CAPTURED it's up to you which one you want me to do first anyway read this and tell me what you think :)***

Two thousand, four hundred and twenty one. That’s how many bricks there are in my four by four cell. How in the world does he know that, you might be wondering. Well, it's because I’ve counted them all. Each and every one of them. Three hundred times!

After the four hundredth time, I stood up from the floor and peered through the cold metal bars that prevent me from getting what I want. Freedom.

Across the corridor, a big burley man, who i had come to know as Big Steve, nodded at me twice. Not knowing what to do, I just stared at him before slowly nodding back at him. At my little action he raised his eyebrow before shaking his head.

"Alright lad?" he bellowed across to me in his think Scottish accent.

What do i say back? Is he asking me if I’m feeling alright? Well obviously he is, I thought to myself, what else is he going to be asking about?

"Y-," I started to say but before i could finish what i was saying, Steve interrupted me.

"Not much of a speaker, huh?" he asked. “I see, well the name's Steve but you can call me Big Steve. What do they call you then, lad?"

"James. They call me James," I stammered.

Real smooth James, I thought to myself mentally punching myself.

"Aye," he said nodding while wearing a face filled with curiosity. "You know jimmy, you don't seem to be the type to be in here. What they get you for eh? Littering?" he said chuckling at his little joke.

Is it a rhetorical question or does he want me to actually answer him? Do I tell him the truth or do I lie?

The benefits of lying would be that I dodn’t have to tell anyone the truth about why I’m here but the down fall of lying is that other prisoners would take advantage of me. I’ve heard about the soap and I don’t want to experience it.

After much debate I decided that honesty is the best policy.

"Murder," I muttered.

"Come again?" 

"Murder," I said a bit louder for him to hear.

Big Steve's reaction to this however, was what i could only describe as how someone would react if they heard that there were guts and intestines covering the street and that an old man was dancing around in it. This reaction though didn’t last long. I liked that reaction more than the reaction he now had.

Big Steve was now on the ground laughing like a maniac. This lasted for about a minute and by then he had started to gather around a crowd of onlookers. After he'd finished laughing he pulled himself up with the aid of his metal cell bars.

"Hey Sal!" He yelled between breaths.

"Yeah?" came a voice from above me.

"Have you heard about the new guy James? He reckons he's in here for murder!" Steve chuckled again setting the whole prison ward off.

"Ha! Good one!" someone yelled.

This lasted for about five minutes before the warden came and shut everyone up. I didn’t really care much to be honest. It wasn’t like I was going to be here much longer.

** I’m going to have to leave it here :) why? Because the rest of what i had written was a load of bull and i thought well I’ll just post this up and redo the other bit. Anyway what do you think? Do you like it? Do you think it's good stuff? Vote/ comment/ share :D**