1. crush chop and burn. (pt. 1)

haley's p.o.v.

"welcome to your new home, mrs. davenport!" mr. davenport said as he carried tasha in bridal style. she smiled and squealed in delight.

"why thank you, mr. davenport." she said back. my eyes rolled to the back of my head. they have been doing that ever since they got married. the only reason i'm here is because leo asked me to come with him to see his new house.

"absolutely, mrs. davenport." mr. davenport said back. she giggled back at him, and they kissed on the lips. i turned away quickly before i threw up. that was the forty millionth time i have seen them kiss in the past two hours. it was getting pretty annoying.

"we get it! you got married!" leo yelled as he walked in the house with their stuff. i was supposed to help him, but i kind of left him to do it.

"it's getting old," leo yelled and turned to me, "and thanks for helping me carry stuff in, princess haley!"

"hey, just be happy you didn't see what i just saw." i said to him as mr. davenport put tasha down. leo always called me 'princess haley' whenever he got annoyed or mad at me. i'm not sure why, but he just does. he set the bags and suitcases down on the floor, and when he looked inside the house, his eyes widened like they were about to pop out of his head.

"wow! you got this big house just from inventing things?" leo asked mr. davenport. he smiled and nodded his head in return.

"way to go, mom!" leo said still in amazement.

"now that's a husband." i said to her, and she just smiled up at him. i turned away just in case they decided to kiss again.

leo and i started to walk over to a glass circle that was sitting on a glass rod. it looked like there was speakers on it.

"what is that?" i asked mr. davenport. leo went to reach out and touch it, but mr. davenport jumped out in front of him.

"this is my newest invention. davenport industries first completely interactive 3D tv." he pressed a button to turn it on, and all of a sudden, a 3D baseball field appeared in the middle of the living room. my eyes widened in amazement. i am definitely hanging out over here more often. the batter hit the ball and it started coming towards leo. he started walking backwards to try and catch it, but he ran into the wall.

"watch the face, termite!"

on the screen on the wall leo ran into, there was a robotic face on it. leo backed away quickly, and looked at the floor.

"mom, i think the little voice inside my head is back." he said to her.

"no, this is eddy. my smart home system. eddy, this is my new step-son leo, and his best friend, haley. i told you leo and tasha were moving in today." mr. davenport said to eddy.

"hey, welcome. everything in here is mine." he said in a lower voice and his eyes squinted at us. i gave eddy a weird look and looked away.

"leo, why don't you and haley go check out your new bedroom? just go straight down that hallway, and when you see the room with the video games, and action figures, and the 50 foot screen tv... keep walking that's mine." the smile quickly vanished from mine and leo's faces.

he was some stepdad.

---------

leo and i ended up getting lost from how big the house is. we ended up walking up and down the same hallway five times before we gave up in a room at the end of the hallway.

"this place is huge." i groaned.

"we're going to need a GPS just to find a bedroom in this place." leo said, leaning against the wall. i noticed there was some type of control panel on the wall. i went to warn leo, but it was to late because he already leaned against it. a weird noise sounded and leo jumped away from the wall. all of a sudden, an elevator appeared in front of us and the door flew open.