9. death spiral smackdown

after leo's birthday weekend, monday unfortunately decided to make its appearance. mondays are the worst days on the planet. do i need an explanation? no.

adam, leo, and i all have gym class together, and i absolutely hated it. who exercises and does physical activity for fun?

once i was changed and walked out of the locker room, i immediately stopped in my tracks. there was a large thing covered with a white sheet in the middle of the gym. i slowly walked over to adam and leo, who were stretching.

"what's up with the sheet?" i asked leo.

"i don't know. principal perry hasn't told us yet."

"prepare yourselves, dingoes! it's time for my annual fitness challenge week! this year, forget about push-ups and sit-ups. it's time for bruises, sprains, and freak accidents!" perry said as she walked over to the sheet, even though i had already completely lost interest.

"i present the death spiral smackdown!" she shouted as she pulled a remote out of her pocket and pressed the big red button on it. the cover immediately came flying off, and it revealed a big red platform with skulls along the sides. it had a red and blue spiral circle in the middle of it, and steam came out of the little holes built into this. a spotlight came down on her as loud music started playing and everyone looked at the death spiral smackdown in awe. what the heck was wrong with this lady?

"well, say what you want about her, but she knows how to bring the sizzle!" adam said to us.

"why do you call it the death spiral? i mean, it doesn't look so scary to me." leo said.

"maybe it's scary because she's up there." i whispered to him and adam, and they both laughed.

"why don't i have vice principal cochran demonstrate for you?" she shouted at him as she grabbed our vice principal by the vest and drug him up onto the platform. he looked like he was about to crap himself. she pressed another button on her remote and the circle on the platform, started to spin, causing the man to fall on his back. she laughed loudly.

"you're evil!" i yelled at her as our vice principal got thrown off the platform and he crashed into the bleachers.

"it's not broken! walk it off!" she shouted at him.

"wait, so how does it work?" adam asked her confused.

"you wrestle your opponent as it spins you silly. it'll test your strength, reflexes, and your ability to hold your bladder against centrifugal force!" she said excitedly, and adam's face started to fall.

"what do you think leo? can you handle it?" leo's friend, gordo, came up and asked him. he was wearing a green cape, and held another one in his hand. gordo always weirded me out. one time, leo invited him to hang out with us, and while we were watching a movie, he stuck cheetos in his nose and ears, claiming that he was growing extra fingers. i've kept my distance from him since.

"well, my bladder is strong, but just to be safe, i'm sticking to dark gym shorts." he said, and i cringed away.

"i myself will be wearing a full body diaper. in the face of fear, you never know where you're gonna leak from." oh my god. someone please come and save me.

"if you have the guts, partner up and choose carefully. you're survival depends on the decision you make, and there are very few good options." perry said and she was cracking up by the time she was finished. i rolled my eyes as she walked away.

"well leo, every year we lose the fitness challenge. this year, we're gonna do it in style. i don't wanna brag, but," gordo said as he unrolled the green cape from his hand, "i totally earned that sewing merit badge."