6. exoskeleton vs. grandma

haley's p.o.v.

"yes mom, leo and i love our new home." tasha told her mother, rose, through the phone, "oh! you... should... come and visit."

we were all in the davenports' living room, doing our own things. adam was laying on mat, and lifting leo up like a weight. davenport was playing with one of his new devices that looked like some sort of helmet. bree, chase, and i were standing in a triangle and tossing a ball to each other.

"467, 468, put some muscle in it! 469, 470-" leo said as he counted for adam.

"come on, haley! if you're going to toss with us, at least act like you know how to throw." chase joked when he didn't catch the ball.

"tell me that again, and i'll show your face what a throw looks like." i playfully threatened. bree giggled at us, and we continued tossing the ball.

"shh! i'm picking up radio via singapore." davenport told us as he started singing something in a foreign language. i looked at bree and chase, and the three of us started laughing at him, but he didn't seem to notice.

"that's gonna be a hit, mark my words."

"but not today!" tasha said quickly into the phone, "why? because.... donald's not feeling well!"

davenport turned towards her and gave her a weird look.

"i gotta go, he just threw up in my purse! love you, bye!" tasha said quickly, and she hung up the phone.

"you know, we're gonna have to have your mother over eventually." davenport said to her.

"no, we don't." tasha told him as she cringed, "look, my mom doesn't just visit. she has inspections, and if she spots anything weird, she will use it as an excuse to move in."

it was true. i've been friends with leo for years, so i do know rose. she knows me as well, and i don't know why, but she loves me. whenever tasha moves into a new home, rose always ends up staying at her new house for a couple of weeks. let's just say rose doesn't know what privacy means.

chase and i were over by the couch when he threw the ball towards davenport and tasha. bree super speeded over to them, and caught the ball. she placed her hands on her hips and smiled.

"nothing weird here!" she said and walked back over to chase and i. tasha gave davenport a look.

"honey, when your mother visits, i will shower her with love, i will make her feel welcome, and i will do everything humanly possible to-" davenport started to assure her, but the doorbell rang. tasha gasped loudly.

"it's my mother!" she said. we all turned around and saw her face very close in eddy's camera.

"i'll be in the lab!" davenport said quickly, before he ran out of the room. tasha looked at us, and started panicking.

"quick! turn invisible!" she said to adam, bree, and chase. we all gave her strange looks.

"oh come on! you have every other freaky ability!" she exclaimed.

"you three go hide quickly!" i told adam, bree, and chase. they quickly jumped over the counter and ducked behind them. as soon as you couldn't see them, that's when rose walked in. i smoothed out my shirt quickly, and brushed my fingers through my hair.

"oh good, it's unlocked." she said as she walked inside the house without knocking. she shut the door behind her, and took off her sunglasses.

"mom! you're here!" tasha pretended to be excited, as she hugged her mom.

"i would've been here sooner if it wasn't for your stupid gate." she said as she placed her sunglasses in her bag.

"oh, that's just donald's titanium security fence." tasha explained.