13. drone alone

Haley's P.O.V.

About a week has passed since the whole chip switch and getting stuck in the elevator incident. Was I still a little mad at Adam, Bree, and Chase for getting us stuck in there? Yes. Was anything going to change my mind? No.

It was another day at the Davenport house. Chase, Bree, Adam, and I were all sitting in the couch together. Chase was writing on a clipboard, Bree was on her phone, and Adam and I were watching TV. None of us became distracted when Leo and Davenport came down the stairs, but we did when Tasha walked into the room with her suitcases. Davenport was taking Tasha on a trip to Australia, and she has not stopped talking about it.

"This is so exciting!" She squealed, which made all of us look at her, "I have never been to Australia before."

That's when Eddy came on the screen next to her and said, "Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!"

"Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?" She asked Davenport.

"Honey, we're taking my fully automated private jet." He scoffed, "Plane tickets. Why don't we just throw on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there."

"Private jet. That works." Tasha said. She turned to Leo and they both said quietly, "Score!"

"Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay home without us." Davenport said to him once Tasha walked away.

"Me? What about them?" Leo asked, referring to Adam, Bree, and Chase. I know I don't live with them, but I am here all the time. I could've been included too.

"They were designed to go on missions and save the world. You were designed to break stuff." Davenport told him.

"Don't worry, I know the rules. No touchy touchy your stuffy stuffy." Leo told him. That's exactly what he told Leo and I when he explained the rules of the house. Not kidding.

"Leo, I'm serious. There's millions of dollars worth of technology here so no goof ups. No explosions. No fires. You know what? I'm not going." Davenport said. Adam, Bree, Chase, and I decided that it was a good idea to finally start paying attention to the conversation, even though we really weren't participating in it.

"Donald, Leo will be responsible. He is a big boy. Sweeties, I left your flame retardant undies on the dresser." Tasha said to Leo which made me laugh quietly. Leo saw me and I quickly covered my mouth.

"Mr. Davenport, Leo will be fine. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?" Bree asked him as we all finally decided to stand up from the couch.

"Funny you should ask. I've made an actuary chart which covers every possible catastrophe." Chase said as he pulled out papers from his clipboard.

"Of course you did." I said loudly as I took the papers out of his hands and looked at them. He glared at me before continuing what he was saying.

"You have an 82% chance of coming back to a perfectly normal house. Happy travels." Chase finished with a smile.

"I never knew so many catastrophes could happen in one house." I said as I looked at all of the emergencies that could happen. I didn't even know what half of them meant. I gave the charts to Davenport because they were beginning to hurt my brain.

"Don't worry! Eddy is here to monitor every room in the house. He is like a virtual baby sitter." Tasha said when Eddy came on the screen.