11. back from the future

Haley's P.O.V.

It was another day down in the lab as Davenport was describing Adam, Bree, and Chase's next mission. Leo was sitting down on Davenport's computer, messing something up as usual, and I sat on one of the stools playing Subway Surfers as we listened. Well, I was mainly listening.

"Your mission supplies are packed. Your schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way." Davenport was saying, "Did I forget anything?"

Little did he know that he never even told them what the mission was.

"No. We'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Bree said sarcastically. Davenport rolled his eyes and began to explain.

"A particle collider is a three mile long underground facility scientists-" Davenport began to say.

"Raise subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments." Chase cut him off excitedly and him and Davenport started freaking out together, "So cool!"

They wiggled their fingers together and made some weird noise. Without looking up from my phone, I said, "You guys are the biggest nerds ever."

"There's a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down." Davenport said once he was done rolling his eyes at me.

"Awesome! I hope one of us knows how to do that." Adam muttered underneath his breath. I put my phone back in my pocket, and turned to listen to the mission since it finally sounded kind of interesting.

"We have to act quickly." Davenport said as he walked over to the computer Leo was on, "The scientist who operates the facility-excuse me," He said as he moved Leo away from the computer, whose eyes widened massively, "Have already evacuated the contour center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet."

"Sweet. I'm already giving up on life as it is." I said with a laugh.

"Today?!" Leo asked him, "No, that's not going to work. Today is Shelly Evans birthday, and her mom makes the best cupcakes!"

We all gave him weird looks as he looked up at us with a blank face, "I'm just saying, that woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles."

"Don't worry, Leo. You will get your cupcakes. Adam, Bree, and Chase have all the training they need to shut the collider down." Davenport said as they all walked around the counter and I spun around in my stool to face them.

"I don't know, Big D. I think these guys are going to need some back up!" Leo sang loudly as he threw his arms up into a superhero position.

"Yeah, that's why you're going to be back up in here in the lab with me!" Davenport said and Adam started to laugh loudly.

"Oh, he said back up and you said back up!" He laughed and we all gave him weird looks, "Saying things twice makes it funny! Oh! Saying things twice makes it-"

"Stop it!" Davenport yelled.

Right after he yelled that, there was a large bright blue force field thing that formed above us. It shot down and landed right next to us. There was spinning orange rings around it and the force field thing dissolved after a moment. There was a young man, who was wearing these weird black glasses, sitting in this thing that looked like he was playing one of those racing games. The six of us began to scream loudly and I immediately shot up from the stool and ran behind the counter next to Bree. We held onto each other tightly as we ducked down. Leo ran behind Davenport and Adam quickly jumped into Chase's arms.