16. air leo

Haley's P.O.V.

Summer had come and gone, but it was now time for us to go back to school. At the beginning of every school year, there is a one-on-one basketball tournament that is held for the students. Trent, who has won for the last five years, is competing against Leo. Yes, you read that correctly. Leo Dooley.

The only reason Leo signed up was because Janelle is hosting it, and she told Leo that she loves basketball. Leo is like in love with her, so he would do anything to try to impress her. That's all he's been talking about since he found Chase and I in the lab.

"And no matter what I do, Trent always makes me look like a fool in front of Janelle." Leo was saying as he told us about how Trent picked on him in front of Janelle today.

"Well, he does get a little help from you in that area." Chase pointed out, which was honestly kind of true.

"Ha Ha Ha." Leo laughed sarcastically at him, "How awesome would it be if I beat him in that basketball tournament?"

That's when I started to laugh at Leo's joke. When I saw him and Chase just staring at me, I stopped laughing quickly and said, "Oh, you're not kidding."

"If I beat him in that tournament, it would really impress her." Leo finished. Chase suddenly jumped up and had his annoying 'I have an idea' look.

"Wait a second." Chase said excitedly. He looked like he was about to jump out of his seat.

"Oh, you just turned on the Chase 'I'm smarter than you and I have a big idea' lightbulb face." Leo said excitedly with a big smile and Chase looked pretty proud of himself.

"By the way, it's not your best look. It kind of makes people want to punch you in the face." I added. Chase glared at me before telling us his idea and leading us towards the bench in the lab.

"Davenport has been working on antigravity hightop sneakers for astronaut training. Maybe the sneakers will up your game with a few gravity defying slam dunks." Chase said as he picked up a very large pair of blue hightops from the bench. These things looked way too big for Leo's baby feet.

"Chase, not to play the obvious card, but there's no way my compact kickers are going to fit into those shoe canoes." Leo said to him.

"Just put them on."

Leo sighed as he sat down on the bench and put on the large pair of shoes. They were still for a moment before shrinking into Leo's foot size. Our eyes widened in amazement.

"Woah! Oh yeah baby!" Leo said as he walked around in the cool sneakers. He jumped up and he went at least ten feet high when he jumped. Once he came back to the ground, he said, "Say hello to Air Leo!"

"Now it's time for the real test." Chase said to him.

The next thing I know, Chase and Leo were playing one-on-one basketball while I sat on the stool and watched them. Chase dribbled the ball, but Leo stole it from him. I'm pretty sure Chase let him though. Leo jumped up and over to the elevator. He pressed his foot off of the elevator and jumped over to the hoop. He slam-dunked the ball like it was nothing.

"Yes!" He cheered excitedly, "Did you see that? I don't need these shoes. That was all me. Watch."

Chase handed him the ball again and he came over to stand next to me. Leo took of his shoes and backed up towards the basket. He threw the ball up in the air, but he ended up completely missing and falling on the ground. Chase and I started laughing at him as he looked up at us from the floor.