3. commando app

haley's p.o.v.

i was in the lab with the davenports and leo. we were about to discuss school with adam, bree, and chase. today was their second first day of school, and we were going to make sure it went right for them this time.

"alright guys. you have been trained for all kinds of missions, but you are about to enter a soul bruising, confidence crushing, apocalyptic environment. high school." mr. davenport said and adam, bree, and chase gave him a weird look. i smiled slightly.

"couldn't have said it better myself." i said.

"adam, bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable." mr. davenport said.

"yes! i'm going to school!" bree cheered.

"i'm fairly stable!" adam said happily.

"but chase, i'm still concerned about your commando app." mr. davenport said. leo and i gave chase a weird look. commando app?

"commando app? put on some underpants!" leo said.

"yeah! we're going to school!" i said.

"no. in the face of an imminent threat, chase's commando app kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute i like to call spike. it's kind of like a fight or flight thing except i took out the flight part because useless, and i replaced it with a testosterone level of like a tasamanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad." mr. davenport said, trying to explain 'spike' to us. now i really want to see spike!

"don't worry, mr. davenport. i promise that spike won't rear his ugly head." chase promised.

"oh, you mean like last christmas when i made the mistake of giving adam boxing gloves?" mr. davenport asked. that must've not ended well.

"i'm still coughing up tinsel." adam shuddered.

"you know, letting chase go to school isn't such a good idea. i can't risk spike coming out." mr. davenport said.

"c'mon mr. davenport!" i begged,

"chase has to come! with these guys, i might finally be able to get a prime spot in the cafeteria. that's right y'all! put on your coats because i'm about to ride your tail!" leo said as he started galloping like he was riding a horse. i set my hand on his shoulder.

"don't do that." i said, and he quickly nodded and stopped.

"don't worry! we'll make sure he stays out of trouble." adam said to mr. davenport.

"yeah, it's one for all and all for one. unless of course you guys make me look bad. in which case, i am dropping you lamos." bree said, and i laughed slightly.

"mr. davenport, i can't miss school. this is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere!" chase said.

"alright, but i better not get a call from the art teacher saying that spike ripped out her larynx." mr. davenport said.

we all started laughing quietly. the art teacher wouldn't even be able to talk if spike ripped out her larynx. plus, it would be awesome to watch!

"actually she wouldn't be able to say anything because spike ripped out her larynx, but the point is just keep him out of trouble." mr. davenport said.

"hey! look what i found." adam said walking towards us with a pair of boxing gloves on. he started randomly throwing punches in front of him. he accidentally punched chase in the stomach and chase fell to the ground. all of us started laughing as adam ram behind me and hid. my ribs started to hurt i was laughing so hard.