8. bionic birthday fail

haley's p.o.v.

one of the best things about being best friends with the bionic siblings is watching them train. missions are also pretty awesome, but leo and i can help more with training.

today, adam, bree, and chase were training in the mission simulator. the three of them have to wear these black goggles while standing on the simulator, and it feels like they're actually on a real mission! the part that involves leo and i really isn't that fun. we have to stand behind the monitor with mr. davenport, and watch them from the screen on the panel. how is that supposed to be fun?!

once they were done with the mission, an alarm went off and they took off their goggles. mr. davenport sighed and took out the key that altered the setting.

"adam, that was the rebel leader! the whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him." mr. davenport said to adam.

"well i did, but his answer was 'aaaahhhhhh.'" adam answered while swinging his arms around. bree, chase, leo and i all laughed as mr. davenport just rolled his eyes.

"next time, could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyes rebel?" bree asked mr. davenport, and he just gave her a look.

"what? i'm just saying it's not going to kill ya to put a little somethin' somethin' for the ladies." she said.

"she does have a point." i agreed with her and bree and i high-fived.

"step aside, amateurs." leo said as he took chase's goggles and put them on. he stepped up to the mission simulator and placed his hands on his hips, "go ahead, big d. set it to awesome!"

"leo, these goggles are not a toy!" mr. davenport said as he ran up to leo and took the goggles off his face.

"c'mon! my birthday is coming up, globally known as 'dia del leo!" leo said to him, and i gave him a weird look.

"no it's not." i said confused and he glared at me.

"don't ruin my thunder." he warned me, but i wasn't scared. what was he going to do?

"leo, i designed this simulator to fine tune their bionics, not to go on 3D joy rides. besides you're not trained for it." davenport said to him. he started to walk away from leo, but he just followed him instead.

"well how about as a birthday gift, you give me a bionic ability?" leo suggested, and mr. davenport just laughed slightly. yeah, like that was going to happen.

"or i could gift wrap reality and you could play with that for awhile." davenport said back. as davenport walked away, we walked over to adam, bree, and chase.

"so leo's having a birthday. what are you, like nine?" chase asked him, and i started cracking up. leo just glared at him.

"fourteen." leo said to him.

chase started laughing but then stopped quickly, "no seriously."

"so how are you going to celebrate?" bree asked leo.

"we're all going to celebrate! every year, my mom throws my a big surprise party!"

"really?!" adam asked excitedly and leo nodded his head.

"last year, she baked a cake the size of me!" leo said, "i'm not going to brag, but i was delicious."

leo started telling the four of us about his past birthday parties. he was telling us about his eleventh birthday when tasha came down in the lab.

"guess what?!" tasha exclaimed excitedly, "i just found out that i won an award for my undercover reporting on expired produce 'something in the crisper can kill you!'"