Chapter 2

Alpha: Cole Wayne

Julian's POV

"I'm the soon to be Alpha's mate, and he just- we just.... Kat I'm the soon to be Alpha's mate what the hell do I do" I say panicked. She shrugged just as confused as me.

I let out a loud sigh "On the bright side we found out who the Alpha's poor soul is" said Kat jokingly. I growled at her.

"Yeah not the best time for jokes is it" she said sympathetically. I don't know what to do.

'About what' said a way to familiar voice.
'What's going on' I thought.
'MATE' growled the voice.
'Cole?'  I said
'I can smell your scent from my house, your with a witch, the Dr's daughter' he said
'Kat. I'm with Kat we're going to my house, meet us there'  I said
'I'm already on my way' he said

From there are everything went quiet in my head. We reached my house in a few minutes, I rushed out in went straight up to my room ignoring the people in the living room. I went in closed my door it was dark, and quiet but his scent lingered through the room heavily.

"Cole?" I said. His red eyes shot up through the darkness, I turned on the light. He stood in the corner, his foot against the wall, he was wearing a blue shirt, dark jeans and combat boots.

"So I got a runt for a mate" he said softly, a bit of disappointment lurked it. My lycan slowly sighed.

"I didn't ask to be your mate, so don't be so upset I didn't know such a great thing would happen" I said sarcastically. He looked up, his eyes searched my face looking for an unknown factor.

"I didn't mean it-"

"I know what your saying, your the big bad Alpha Lycan, you deserve a mate more worth it that can live up to being secondary Alpha in charge. It makes since, don't feel bad its okay." I said modestly, I wouldn't want to be with the runt either.

"I'm not going to deny you its just I didn't expect to have-"

"Me as your mate look Alpha I get it. I'll just stay away from you..... And that's, that" I said. He left out the window not saying a word, but the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The Next Mourning

I walked into school my head hurting a bit I felt completely tired. I stayed up all night unwillingly listening to Cole's thoughts on how he was going to apologize to me, though his lycan side told him to do more than just apologize beg for me back. It wasn't like I was denying him its just he's needs time to adjust to me a runt as he put it being his mate. The day went by in a fast yet blur, up until lunch I had been avoiding Cole all day as much as lycanly possible.

During lunch Kat came from behind me, I told her about yesterday but not about Cole's thoughts it would be to much. I could smell Cole he was down the hall in the cafeteria, it was weird.

"Don't worry about it, JuJu he probably won't say anything to you lets just get breakfast, and than hit the library, we both have two free periods why not explore the restricted section" said Kat I smiled at her than walked into the cafeteria all eyes fell on me.

I got in line and got a cinnamon muffin, orange juice and a small plate of sandwiches for Kat and I.

"Can we talk" said Cole, his deep voice startling me. He looked sad, my lycan begged for me to listen but I didn't want to.

"There's nothing more to be said, you spoke your piece now leave whatever else said undone" I said politely. I was walking off when he grabbed my arm.

"I'm not stopping I want you, your my mate I'll never deny you, its just I didn't think that my heart would lead to you. I'm not disappointed in you and who you are it just came a little bit as a surprise. And I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings in any way, I didn't mean to do it I swear" he said modestly.

"Earn me, prove to me that I'm more to you Mr. Alpha show me how much I mean to you. I wanna know if I'm more than just a runt in your eyes, but your mate someone you wanna spend your life with." I said matter-of-factly. Hope filled his eyes faster than my words could come out my mouth.

"Okay I will, I promise mate" he said with a grin. Kat was waiting at the double doors for me, a small smile on her face.

"What was that JuJu" she asked. I have her a cheeky smile.

"He's gonna prove his worth though it should be vice versa, but he's gonna prove it" I said happily.