The Otaku love story

Otaku!Reader x Otaku!Ace

__________IAMLEDGEND_________

(Y/N) pov
'Ugh school...so annoying.'

Why do I have to go to shitty school? Like yeah I know I gotta get smart of a job in the future, but to be honest, I know that I'll be in my bed, curled up to a nice fanfiction/manga, while listening to anime openings. Not doing useless homework & learning some useless stuff that we'll probably won't hear of ever again in the future.

Yup, that sounds like the best plan I've ever thought all year.

Walking down the hallway to my locker was like walking through a maze. Like everyone is either taller, same height, or shorter than me here. A couple times I actually ended up at somebody else's locker. But I got there in the end.

When I opened up my locker, I found my notebook & text books in the shelves. On the little door was pictures of my favorite anime/manga characters, along with an extra shelf that held a couple manga in there. I love this locker, though I get teased because I love anime & manga, but they don't see me teasing them about whatever they like.

"Hey there's the nerd!"

Scowling, I turned around & saw Kidd, Killer & Bellamy, my 3 bullies, well 2 if you count out Killer who always apologizes to me & tries to reason with Kidd all the time.

"What now?"I asked with laced frustration
"Just came here to remind you that you'll always be trash to us."Bellamy laughs
"And I care how?"I asked
Kidd narrowed his eyes at me."Don't talk back at me, you piece of shit."
Swallowing a come back, I let out a sigh."Just get to the point, what is it?"I ask
"Your money. All of it."Bellamy says
My eyes were wide."Money?! You cannot be serious. How the fuck an I supposed to get home or have lunch?!"I asked
Kidd leaned in."Then you're just gonna have to suck it up & survive."

Reaching into my pocket, I fumbled around & got out the money that I had & started to give it all to him, until-

"No put your money back."A voice says

Our heads turned & we saw Portgas D Ace, the school hottie. My god I think I'm gonna faint. You see, apart from anime guys, Ace is my crush. He is just so........perfect & adorable. First off he's absolutely handsome, secondly he is smart, third he's the best in sports & fourth, he's a nice guy.

'Dear lord am I dreaming? Has the knight in shining armor come in to save me? An Otaku?'

Kid snarled at Ace."Go away Portgas. Can't you see I'm busy here?"
"Yeah I can, but I don't care. You 3 have been messing with (Y/N)-chan for too long now. And I've come to put a stop to it."Ace says determined
"What are you gonna do about it?"Bellamy hisses
Ace smirks."You've already started a scene yourself."

Us 4 looked around & saw that everyone was watching us like hawks. They looked like they were waiting for me to do something, or want some sort of action to start.
Scowling, both Kidd & Bellamy backed away from me & shoved my money back into my hands. The 2 left, but Killer stayed for a second & shot me (what looked like) a worried glance. The 3 left the scene, and went outside.

Everyone started going back to what they were doing. I turned to Ace.
"H-hey thanks for that, but you didn't have to do that. I was handling it myself."I say
"Well from where I was standing, it didn't really look like it. Now come with me, we have some important business to attend to."Ace says

I was about to ask a question, but he was already walking. I started to run after him & began to walk his pace with him.

"Hey why did you do that back there?"I ask
"Well (Y/N), Otaku have got to stick up for one another."Ace says
My eyes went wide."You're a-"
He was grinning."Yup, I'm an Otaku as well. I've always have been. Everyday I've always wanted to talk to you about what sort of anime & manga you're into. But I was shy, really shy."Ace confesses

'My crush...is an Otaku!!!!'

He stopped in front of the library & opened up the door. We walked in & went over to the manga section.

"Now can I ask you one question."He says
"Ask away."
"What are you in to?"

And for the rest of the time, Ace & I went to the library & discussed about anime & manga. We do this everyday now. Ace & I slowly started to become the best of friends. And.....every moment with him was amazing. He taught me a couple things. He would Skype me up late at night so that we could watch anime series or movies together. Heck, we even went to an anime convention together!

And now, as we lay underneath the big Sakura tree at school, manga opened up & reading Ao Haru ride to each other, I can say this..

I have found my equal.

"(Y/N)-chan."
"Yeah?"
"I want to give you something."He spoke softly
"Oh what is it?"I asked
"Close your eyes."He says

I did as I was told & shut them. I heard shuffling around, and I felt a hand on my cheek. Warm breath tickled my cheek & I knew in an instant that Ace was kissing me.

I kissed back & gave into his soft, warm lips. Smiling within the kiss, Ace pulled me in closer & was cradling me in his strong arms. I tangled a hand in his wavy black locks & pulled away.

"(Y/N)-chan, there's no other way to say this. I've fallen in love with you, hard. And I want to be the one who will make you loved & happy. I love you, (Y/N)-chan. Will you be my girlfriend?"Ace asked, hope laced in his delicate words

Smiling & letting out tears of joy, I nod happily.
"Yes! I will like to be your girlfriend Ace! I....I love you too."

Ace lit up & developed me into a hug. Hugging back, I took in the smell of his hoodie & smiled.

He's mine. He's my Otaku boyfriend.

(A/N:Hahaha done! Won't be updating much for the next couple if days coz I'm going back on holiday so...see you next time!)