Stay alive

Stay alive

Dead!Ace x Reader

So I found out that on the 15th of February is the day that Ace died. I mean like sure everyone in the USA is celebrating Valentines/Singles awareness day, but Ace is more important right now. So here's a oneshot

______________________________

Third pov

The breeze today was soft & warm. The sky outside was a beautiful azure blue, (Y/N) thought that today's weather was perfect for today's special occasion. She carried the 2 large bouquet in her hands. The flowers in the bouquet was (Fave flower) & White lilies. She didn't really care if the flowers didn't compliment each other, that was the least of her problems.

Soon, the beaten up old track came to a stop at two tall graves, one of them belonging to Portgas D Ace, (Y/N)'s beloved, and Edward Newgate (Aka: Whitebeard), Ace's captain. (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes scanned the graves, a sense of familiarity washing over her. She can remember the day they buried Ace & Whitebeard. What was left of the Whitebeard pirates, and their allies were all lined up by the graves. Some people were crying, and some people were completely silent. (Y/N) can remember the many tears she shed the days after the Marineford war. She could remember that each passing day was torture, and thought that she couldn't bring herself to see the graves again.

But, after a year, she eventually started to accept his death. She grew up even more, and did her best to move on. Marco had made her go into hiding after the loss between the leftover Whitebeard pirates & the Blackbeard pirates. During that time, she settled down in a place, and restarted her life.

"Ace..." she breathed out silently, the wind blowing around her now. "And here I thought, I couldn't be able to come back here again..but here I am. I'm here for you." She called out, even though no one would answer. (Y/N) smiled weakly when she saw his hat & dagger there. She thought that if she grabbed the hat, that maybe..just maybe it might still smell like him. (Y/N) shook her head, and placed the flowers on Whitebeards grave, and then on Ace's. (Y/N) sat down, and saw something that caught her eye: Three cups of sake, and a newspaper article.

'Was someone just here before?'

The newspaper article was about Straw hat Luffy, and about how his Pirate crew are now back in action after two years. (Y/N) wondered out loud about who could've put it there, but no one came to mind. But either way, she was glad. She was worried that something would've happened to Luffy..something bad. But nope! He's back & better than ever!

"You'd be proud, Ace...You'd be waving this article around like a flag and yelling at Pops & I to read it." She sighed. "And then you'd declare that you're proud o your little brother..and then say that you'd totally beat him in a fight." (Y/N) tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "Though..I dunno about that now, Luffy's become stronger from what I've heard."

A petal fell off Ace's bouquet, and landed on her head. She smiled, and thought that it was Ace's way of him petting her head, and doing that dorky smile of his. (Y/N) let a couple tears slip out, before she chuckled, wiping her tears away, "I miss you, ya know. There are just little things out there that remind me of you..meat, pirates, fire, black hair..its ridiculous. I sometimes think what would've happened if you're still here with us. What would you have done?" She murmured. Another petal falls onto her nose, making some more tears fall. "Idiot...making me cry." (Y/N) wiped her eyes. "I really love you, damn it."

(Y/N) bent down, and dragged her fingers over Ace's plaque. The words were smooth to the touch. She smiled, and kissed his name. "Until next time, my love. I wish I could stay for longer, but I must leave."

(Y/N) stood up straight, and walked away, memories of her & Ace playing in her mind. She smiled to herself, and let some more tears fall, "I'll be back before you know it."