That guy

That guy

Ex-boyfriend!Ace x Reader

Not like it's been over a year or so since I've updated this thing...aha sorry guys! I've been writing HEAAAAPS of shit on my other fanfics that I've been working on. I think it's time that I mention that I've been writing fanfics now for Sabo, Sanji, Marco, Thatch and soon one for Crocodile will be released in the near future! Maybe even one about Smoker? Who knows....

Anyway I'm putting in a different spin to this! Usually we have Ace as someone cutesy and innocent...hmmm

____AH?GOODCHEESE____

Third pov

Over the laughter of what (Y/N) considered to be white noise, all she could see in the school crowd was him. That guy. That guy with the soft black hair. That guy with the kindest of hearts. That guy with the childishness of a cute, elementary school crush. That guy that girls wish to be with, and other males look up to or are jealous of.

'Oh but if only they knew of his true nature.'

As (Y/N) silently picked at her bento lunch with her friends talking about the current sale in Sephora, all she could think about were the times she had spent with him. Some being an absolute bliss. Some being giving off a resemblance to hell itself.

She was blasted back to the past where she and that guy would huddle under stars on the cliff face of Whiskey Peak. Where she and him would happily point out stars over cheap alcohol and cigarettes. She distinctly remembered a scene where she looked over at him, and had her heart lifted by the sight of his radiance. The shine in his eyes. The pure happiness he had seemed to emit. Then he had looked over to her, a cheeky grin on his face as he said:

"All the pretty stars seem to shine for you, my love."

God, you're cheesy, is what (Y/N) had thought. Cheesy but so irresistible.

Her heart clenched when she looked up and saw him staring directly at her. Oh god, she thought, why now? Why ever?

"(Y/N)?"

Upon hearing her name called, she rejoined herself to reality. Nami was impatiently tapping her chopsticks against her bento lunch, giving off the body language that she was waiting for (Y/N)'s input to the conversation. Robin, as calm as ever, silently ate her bento lunch as she observed the whole of the scenario

"Yeah?"

"See? She wasn't paying attention!" Nami huffed.

"Sorry..." (Y/N) replied tiredly.

"Give her a break, Nami, she's had to work her shift at Shakky's before having to rush her biomechanics assignment." Robin said gently.

Nami sighed deeply, "Anyway, what I was saying was...(Y/N), do you still wanna come with us to the movies? I just wanted to let you know that Vivi's coming."

A lump in her throat formed upon the mention of Vivi. The perfect princess. The captain of the Senior debating team. The richest girl in all of Grand Line. Let's not forget that her kindness is about as equal as her attractiveness.

It's what made her the perfect girl for that guy.

"You have nothing to worry about." (Y/N) assures.