Highest hope

Highest hope

Ace x Reader

This is actually my creative writing that I used, and I sorta wanted to share it!

____ITSREALLYSHIT____

Third pov

The harmonious hum of spring flowed around the Vinsmoke estate. The sway of the wind whistled through the tree leaves and acted as natures wind chime. The sun bled through the ever abundant plum tree right in the corner of the estates garden. Underneath the plum tree sat Lady (Y/N). (Y/N) gazed at the heavenly hills. She envisioned herself dancing across the fresh green grass, and into the arms of freedom.

(Y/N)'s demeanour was full of melancholy thoughts again. Teetering on the lap of her (F/C) skirt, was a medium wooden box with intricate swirling designs. Within the box, was an emerald perfume bottle with a gold cap. A piece of aged paper with black ink scrawled as a letter rested in her hands.

"(Y/N), despite our distance keeping us apart, it does not halter my undying feelings for you. When I ventured into town today, I saw this bottle of fragrance. The seller tells me that it has the scent of (Favourite flower); your favourite flower if I may recall. While Mr Vinsmoke Ichiji may be holding you captive, I want you to wear this perfume until I come and get you. It may take some time, but please be patient with me. I'll do everything I can to save you as quick as I can from Mr Vinsmoke. Remember, that no matter the circumstance, I'll always love you."

"Oh Ace..." (Y/N) weeped, "I wished you came..."

The letter was sent to her two years ago. Not only did her tears stain the letter, but it also weakened its state and made it tearable. (Y/N) had taken no notice of the plethora of smudged fingerprints pressed on the paper. The creases became a part of the letters' natural state.

The sudden pick-up of the breeze had blown (Y/N) back to reality. It made her remember where she was and who she was forced to marry.

Two years ago, (Y/N)'s family sold her to Vinsmoke Ichiji as a trophy wife. Ichiji was a family friend that owns the radioactive lab downtown. He was the one that had suggested the forced marriage when he heard of her family's past money struggles. Truth be told, Ichiji was about as terrible as his loan shark habits suggest. He was as putrid as nicotine, and as selfish as a hungry dog. (Y/N) had detested the marriage. But to keep the relationship between the two family businesses, she was forced to agree.

Despite the marriage, her heart always belonged to her one and only Portgas D Ace. (Y/N) was the only person that knows of Ace's true nature. Many people claimed he was a dirty trickster. In reality, he was kind hearted and hard-working; he was everything that she had hoped for. Once Ace had heard of (Y/N)'s arranged marriage, he had made her a valiant promise. That they would run away and lead a new life together.

He had implored to her on the night before she left for the Vinsmoke estate. "Please (Y/N)...I need you to wait for me. It does not matter that Vinsmkke is going to take you away from me; I will come for you. I'll break down that door if I must. But please my darling, do not lose faith!"

Ichiji did everything in his power to prevent the rescue. He framed him for a crime he never committed. Then he had the town push for Portgas D Ace to be executed.

(Y/N) held the perfume bottle in her hands, it's contents never used. Her vision had blurred due to the tears that surfaced in her eyes as she had opened the perfume bottle. She held the bottle over her wrist, and squirted a small dose.

"Oh Ace..." (Y/N) sobbed as she cradled the perfume in her arms, as if he was there instead, "I'm sorry."

(A/N: it's really short, but the piece had to be about 500 words long. We had to write this piece based on something we saw at this museum we went to a few months ago. It had all these old artifacts from when this whopping earthquake struck our city in 1920-something, and some other vintage stuff. So I chose this really nice green perfume bottle, and made up that story...it's not good, but oh well!)