p r o l o u g e

D a n

Dan walked around his room, being the nervous wreck he is, and paced.

He had just cut his flowing brown hair into a messy fringe. It was short, and sloppy, but he didn't care. It was better than before. He had put on a long sleeved black tee with black skinny jeans on. Almost completing his mood.

His mum would be home any second...

He put on a beanie and sat on the edge of his bed, holding his head in his hands.

Fuck...fuck, he whispered to himself under his breath.

This would be the hardest thing he'd ever have to do..

But he knew it had to be done..

He checked the time on his white iPhone and shook nervously.

His mum would be home in 3 minutes..

He breathed in and out. He was ready for this.

"I can do this..." He spoke aloud to himself.

________________
**moments later**

"Danielle! Did yo-" his mother stopped in the middle of her sentence.

Her son walked out, with sloppy hair, and clothes 'Danielle' had never worn.

"Danielle Howell! What have you done?" She screamed!

"Mum, I'm...transgender." Dan spoke timidly.

"Can you please call me Dan. My name is Dan. Not Danielle." He said in another small voice.

His mother was furious. Perhaps she didn't understand. Perhaps he should have explained a while ago.

"Mum, plea-" he tried to speak. But she cut him off.

"Go to your room." She said blankly.

He stood there, staring back at her.

"Go to your room now!" She screamed at Dan who's eyes were brimming with tears.

This was just the beginning of the yelling and the denial of his parents.

When his dad walked in...all hell broke loose.

Dan sat by the door in his room, waiting for the spark of voices and yelling and tears to come.

"Go look at your daughter." His mother said with disgust. Dan grimaced at the word 'daughter'.

Dan slowly walked to his bed, hearing footsteps nearing the door, he laid down...

Knowing his fate.