o n e

Walking down the halls in school, was one of the most popular girls in school.

Her name was Danielle...or so you think.

She knew everyone and almost everything. She was tomboy, with long hair. She wore slightly boyish clothes and sneakers. But that didn't stop her.

Everyone knew her, and wanted to be her.

But they didn't know her too well.

________________
My name is Dan.
Not Dani. Not Danielle. Dan.
________________

She walked to get to her class. It was her last one for the day.

____________

Danielle walked to her car and drove home. Her parents always loved her so they got her everything she wanted. They thought she was so happy...

But she wasn't.

Her black car pulled into the driveway. No one else was home and she was pretty happy about that.

She unlocked the doors, putting her keys back into her backpack and running up to the bathroom.

Locking the door of course.

She took of her shirt and stared at herself. She sighed and slowly grabbed the bandage** that was in the bathroom closet.

She slowly wrapped it around her chest until it was flat.

It was tight and she couldn't breathe well, so she loosened it a bit and was able to inhale and exhale.

She put on a tee shirt that she found quickly and stared at herself in the mirror once again.

She put her hair up and put on a beanie.

"My name is Dan. And I am a boy." He spoke.

_________________________________

He heard the front door open downstairs. He had already removed the bandage and was just sat there. Not crying, but just numb.

"Danielle! I'm home!" His mum called up to him.

"I'll be out in a sec!" He responded putting back on his clothes. He placed the bandage back where it was and walked out of the bathroom.

"Your father will be home soon. Him and I are heading out for the night. Will you be okay on your own here for a while, sweetie?" His mom asked him.

"Yeah. I'll be alright. I got homework to do anyways." He said laughing it off.

"Great! We'll be out past 10 so don't wait up for us. He'll be here in about 10 minutes." His mum said to him.

"Okay." He smiled at her.

He walked away and went to watch TV. He sat on his couch waiting for his mum to leave.

It took several minutes until he finally heard the car leave the garage.

He stood up and walked to his room. He opened his closet and looked through his clothes. He found a black 'Yeezus' shirt and walked to the bathroom.

He slowly took off his clothes again. This time, not looking down at his chest. He put the bandage*** on and slowly wrapped it around until it was flat like before.

He put on his shirt and stood sideways. He smiled when he saw it had actually worked and that it was flat.

He put his hair up and put on a beanie, leaving his fringe out.

He grabbed his laptop and sat back down on the couch. While it was turning on, he looked at his phone. It was 4:30. He was skyping his friend Phil at 5.

He spent the next 30 minutes scrolling through tumblr while checking skype to see if Phil was on yet.

Phil and Dan had been talking for a while. Phil didn't know about 'Danielle'. He just knew Dan.

It was finally 5:00 and Dan had sent Phil a message and waited for him to respond. In about a minute, he had an incoming call from Phil.

"Hi Phil!" He spoke, with a huge smile.

"Hi Dan! How was school?" He asked returning the smile.

"It was okay. The usual I guess. How was work?" He asked, deepening his voice a bit.

Phil was three years older than Dan. He had a job, and lived alone.

"Eh. It was okay. It's just work, Danny." Phil said in his sweet voice.

Dan liked when Phil called him that. Because he knew he didn't mean Dani.

"Still! Work should be fun!!" Dan flailed his arms around which resulted in his laptop falling on the floor.

With a loud "NO!" Dan snatched the laptop up quickly.

"You dropped me!" Phil said laughing!

Dan joined in laughing with Phil!

"I know! I'm sorry Philly!" He said in between laughs.

They both talked for a few more hours.

"Danny, did you do your homework for school yet?" Asked a concerning Phil.

"Nope." And Dan laughed.

"Do it! I have to go anyways. Bye Danny!" He spoke.

"Bye Philly!"

And with that, he signed off.

Dan still smiling looked down at his phone.

"Shit." He said aloud.

His parent would be home soon, and he had to go back to the person he despised.

Danielle.