f i v e

It was 3 weeks after Dan was sent the webpage about him.

He had hit an all time low, he was sad, he lost all of his friends, and he lost everything.

And the part that made Dan so upset, was that this would be the reaction, hell maybe even worse, to him actually coming out and telling the truth about his big secret.

"Tranny!" A group of jocks screamed the word at him. He didn't even cry. He was over the crying about everything.

"Whatever..." He mumbled under his breath.

He walked into the bathroom... The girls bathroom because he couldn't go into the boys. He ran into the stall and closed door. He just sat there. Not showing any type of emotion...

He pulled out his phone and decided to call Phil. They had grown so close over the last couple of weeks.

Of course, he couldn't tell Phil about it. But he had been hurting and just wanted a friend. Which Phil had taken the place for.

Ring...
Ring...
Rin-

"Dan?" Said a voice on the other line.

"Phil..." Dan said, almost whispering.

"What's going on? You're supposed to be in school!" He exclaimed.

"I am... I just... I'm sad." He said.

"About what Dan?" He asked with a lot of concern in his voice. He was genuinely worried about him.

"Uh- nothing. Forget I called..." Dan mumbled.

"Go to the nurses and say you don't feel well, and go home. Text me when you get home, and we'll video chat." Phil said reassuring Dan.

"Oh-oh okay." He said to Phil.

"We're going to talk about this later, you know?" Said Phil.

Dan sighed heavily on his end of the conversation.

"Do we have to?" He spoke.

"Yes. Yes we do." Reassured Phil.

"Don't you have work?" Dan asked curiously.

"No, there was a small fire, so they just sent everyone home." Phil said nonchalantly.

"Well I'm gonna go to the nurses office then." Said Dan breaking the silence.

"Text me when you're at home, so we can talk." Said Phil.

"Why do you care so much?" Dan asked bluntly.

"Because you're my best friend and I'm worried about you..."

"Why would you be worried about me? I annoy you all the time, don't I?"

"Dan? What's gotten into you? You know I care about you. And I hope you'd care about me..." Phil trailed off.

There was silence. No one said a word. It was white noise.

Until Phil heard muffled crying on the other line.

"Danny...? Are you crying?" Phil asked with great concern. He didn't mean to make Dan cry. It had just...happened.

With a sniffle, some hyperventilating, Dan finally mustered enough strength to answer.

"No." He simply said.

"Go home. We need to talk." Demanded Phil.

"Okay." Said Dan.

"Okay." Said Phil.