Chapter 1

Eren ran through the white, empty halls, brushing his hand against the wall, a strand of his soft, chocolate brown hair falling in front of his face as he did so, ocean eyes glimmering with exitement. Soft and still pure and white, his wings fluttered slightly as he ran, his gloria barely showing. Giggling, he finally reached the end of the seemingly never ending hallway, stopping in front of two, gigantic doors, leading to the front garden, which lead to

The gates.

Now, there was one rule that Eren was always told for as far back as he can remember. Do not go beyond the gates. His parents told him that if he were to go beyond them, terrible things would happen. Was he told what kind of things? No. Was he curious? Yes. Eren was always a curious little Angel, desperate to find out more about the unknown. The idea of exploring and finding out what was beyond those gates appealed to him. Just the mere thought caused shivers of excitement travel up and down his body, but he knew very well that if he were to fulfill that curiosity, he'd be putting himself in danger. Not that he minded. He would risk his life just to explore beyond the gates. Beyond Heaven.

To Eren, Heaven began as this peaceful, amazing place meant for Angels and Angels only. "Not that there's anything other than Angels." he was constantly told. Impossible, he'd say to himself everytime that thought came in mind. The idea that Angles were the only intelligent life ever, was just so proposterous. There had to be other intelligent life somewhere. Outside of heaven perhaps. This was one of the many reasons why he was so desperate to leave.

Heaven also seemed like a prison to him. He was always stuck behind the gates,never allowed to leave or even question what was behind them. Whenever he did ask, he was given this look, as though he was insane or crazy. Afterwards, the Angel he asked would give him a disgusted look and walk away, often muttering the same words under their breath. "Ugh. Human Angel." Yep. Everytime he showed the least bit of curiosity, he'd be accused of acting like...like...humans. Flithy, sinful creatures that were selfish and always put themselves before others. His father, however, was the creator of these so called "filthy" humans. He's always keep a close eye on them. It was only natural for Eren to have human qualities, such a curiosity yet... He always felt so angry and offered being compared to them. They weren't intelligent. They'd use their own "intelligence" for selfish reasons They'd do thing just to fulfill their curioisity. Such as experiment on small animal like guinie pigs. Taking advantage of the fact that they were small and defesless. Not only that, but they were destroying the beautiful world that god had create or them.

"They deserve to be punished." he's say to his father after he heard about what humans were doing.

"No eren. Don't you see? I'm giving the a chnace to fix things. If they don't in time, I guess that's when I'll wipe out the race." The same answer everytime. Eventually, Eren learnt to ignore these comments about his wondrous and imaginative mind, curious and determined to learn more. When he had the idea about going beyond the gates, he immediately ran to his best friend , Armin

"Armin. Guess what?" Eren asked eagily, not being able to hold back his idea any longer. Armin put his book down and looked at Eren.

"Yes Eren?"

"Okay. So you remember that book you showed me? You know, the one about the demons?" Eren asked, still jumping up and down with excitement.

"Yes..." Armin replied, not really sure where this was going.

"Well, what if it turns out that demons are real?"

Armin looked at Eren for a minute, confused at what he was going on about.

"What are you talking about?"

"What if demons do exist?"

"State your evidence."