Chapter 16

((Recap: Levi has just been challenged by Hanji to claim Eren and be titled the true King of Lust. Meanwhile, Eren has been training for the battle against the Demons for a long long time. Enjoy))

"Eren. Are you sure you have what it takes to do this?" His father asked, sitting before the teal eyed boy, whose fist was positioned in front of his heart, saluting.

"Yes. I won't disappoint you." He answered determinedly. He was going to find Levi and slaughter him without hesitation, even if it ended up being the last thing he did.

"Battle is this evening. Do me proud, my son. Now go. You are dismissed." Eren nodded, leaving the room. Evening...in a matter of hours, whatever events took place, they would change his life forever.

Evening soon arrived, Eren finding himself standing in front of the two, enormous doors, the ones that started this all. The ones that sparked that curiosity, lead him to those gates, crushed his innocence within a space of minutes. Pushing the doors open, no voice to stop him and tell him otherwise, no light burst through, met with darkness. Eren's eyes widened in astonishment. He hadn't been outside for years and he knew things would change but...not like this.

Darkness. It was all he could see from miles out. A dark, foggy mist was spread across the whole plain of heaven, many angels trying to fight the demons away, Armin being one of them. He might've not been physically strong, but mentally, he was one of the strongest,

Every Angel was assigned to this battle. It didn't matter whether or not they were strong; they still had to fight regardless. It was against their morals to be doing this, however, they had to, for the sake of heaven, for the sake of their families and friends, for the sake of their lives.

Eren was leading the battle, having been entrusted with this responsibility, his gaze hard and determined. Mikasa stood beside him, her expression monotonous, impossible to read yet even he knew she was ready for this.

"Eren." The brunette turned to face the small, blue eyed blonde who had called out to him, giving him a small hum of acknowledgement. "Here." Taking his hand, Armin placed a small vial of a clear liquid, the colour of water yet the consistency of oil, so it seemed. The blonde closed Eren's fingers around it, as if to show that he must keep it safe.

     "What is it?" he asked curiously, opening his hand to inspect the bottle closely. It looked so clear, so pure, a contrast to the place that presumably meant to have the same impression.

    "A health potion." he answered in a hushed tone, looking around as if this was a huge secret. Returning his gaze to Eren, he continued. "This is a dangerous battle. You have no idea what could happen."

    Wrapping his hand back around the cool, glass bottle, Eren placed it in a small pouch that rested on the side of his waist, offering Armin a small smile of gratitude.

     "Thank you. Hopefully, I won't need to use it." Although the words came from his own lips, even Eren couldn't believe the false hope he was trying to deceive himself in.

     Smiling with a nod, Armin placed a fragile hand on his best friend's shoulder.

    "Good luck." he told him, his tone full of sincerity, his blue eyes flickering with worry and concern, and most of all, hope. Hope that Eren and Mikasa would return. He glanced over to Mikasa. "You too, Mika."

    Smiling genuinely, which was a rare sight, Mikasa said in a soft, gentle tone, "Thank you Armin."

    And with that, they all left the gates of heaven, Armin and multiple over angels continuing to fight off the demon spirits which lingered around the metal poles of the gate, trying to get through the barrier which used to protect Heaven. Oh, how they hoped things would change after this yet little did they know just how things would.