1.

Getting out of bed I make my way to the bathroom. The first thing I do is brush my teeth. It's a pre shower ritual for me. I can't step into the shower without brushing my teeth. After I finished brushing my teeth I took a quick shower, waking me up even more. Getting dressed I put on some distressed jeans paired with a floral knitted sweater and some riding boots.

"Mornin' you want some French toast for breakfast." I looked up from putting in my makeup to see my elder sister at the door. We're not like normal sister, we hardly fight. She's literally my best friend. Kai is only 2 years older than me but who cares we don't worry over silly things like age to have fun.

"Yeah sure." I grabbed my coat and scarf out of my closet, making my way into the kitchen. When I got into the kitchen I noticed an already peppy and dressed Raven was standing at the counter eating French toast and downing a glass of apple juice.

"Good morning." She chirped loudly. Usually I would have been grumpy and annoyed by all the happiness that radiated off of Kai and Raven but today was different. Not only because it was the first day back but because I had a strong feeling that something great was going to happen.

"The landlord stopped by this morning to tell us the rent was due." Kai place the toast on a plate in front of me. I scoffed while beginning to eat my food.

"We just fucking paid him. Why is he constantly up our asses all the time?" I think I was the most upset about this. I don't like when people play me, especially when it comes to my hard'n money.

"He said we have until the 29th to pay it or we'll get an eviction notice." Kai put her head in her hands as Raven let out a dramatic sigh. This was all too much to handle for 3 college students.

Our parents warned us about moving to New York but it was our dream. We all wanted to make something of ourselves and what better way to do it than go to the big apple.

"Shoot, I have work in 25 minutes and I've got to catch the metro. Thanks for the breakfast. I'll talk to Dave later, he might listen if I approach him with some weed." We all giggled. Our landlord is a mega pothead. I'd never bring him any but we joke from time to time about bribing him with marijuana as rent money.

I quickly disposed of my dishes, grabbing my bag, coat, phone and I was off.

Being a New Yorker was surely hard job to maintain. People were rushing everywhere, running, biking, whatever you can think of, people were doing it. But I can't complain, I loved the city. It's bright lights, loud noises.

"Hey watch where you goin', dumb bitch." I continued to rush past people as I finally made it to the metro. I was use to the name calling, not by just random street people but the people who I had grown up with. Even though I'm no longer connected with them, there words still affect me today. I often find myself thinking back to when I was in highschool. The kids in the school bus would shout hurtful things at me. Calling me 'fat' 'ugly', some even went as low as to throw things at me. It was hard time but I'm over it.

I waited for the metro to come. The large silver bullet train came skidding past into a fast cringing stop. Almost sounding like a roller coaster coming to a stop. People rushed on and off the train, pushing pass each other to get to their own destination. I found an opening and began to make my way on the train. Finally finding a good spot to stand on my own, I put in my head phones and listened to Spotify until I reached my stop.

I hope I don't get in trouble for being a couple minutes late.
_______
"Hey 12, Julia wants you in her office. She in the elevator you better run up the stairs to beat her." She looked me up and down.

"Or in your case just walk fast." Heather chuckled to herself getting back to whatever work she was doing. Quickly, I began jogging up the stairs to beat Julia to her office. The devil herself will not tolerate lateness.