13.

I should have moved, maybe even blinked but I couldn't. It's like all the muscles in my body had froze and I was stuck in a glacier. A hand landed on my back making my body finally jolt awake. I looked up to see Lain pushing me behind him. His hand going into his suit pocket. Oh no, he was going to pull out the gun again.

"Move, Dave. No one needs to get hurt here." Lain cocked his gun again showing off the bullets to David. A shiver ran up my back and I could feel the goosebumps starting to form. This was too tense for me, I felt like I could pass out at any moment.

"No need for violence, Lainy." David stepped forward laying his hand on lain lowering the gun. What the hell? Lain needs to pistol whip him and run. I stepped back a little bit holding on to Lains jacket with all my might. Ill be damned if I'm letting this jacket slip through my fingers. David circled around us making me tense. His hand grabbed a piece of my hair playing with the ends. I shied away afraid of what was to happen next.

"Alright that's enough!" Lain whipped around making me fling around since I still had a death grip on his jacket. He held up his gun again, this time David didn't smirk. He seemed annoyed by the fact he had a gun in his face. why isn't he pissing himself like I am? I finally came up with the notion that he is probably use to it.

"Enough with the bullshit, Lainy. You've got exactly 30 seconds to leave my building and my guys will after you. This time they are out for blood." David plopped on my couch. He seemed unaffected by all of this. Lain turned his head slightly looking down at me. He could tell I was scared shitless.

"Lets go!" I whispered harshly, nudging his arm a bit. I wanted to get out of here. If they say he is as crazy as I think he is then we should get the hell out od dodge. Lain was getting ready to open his mouth but not before we heard pounding footsteps coming up the stairs. Oh no. I thought quick on my feet, grabbing Lain and my duffle bag. I wasn't going to die in this crappy apartment by some fucked up apartment gang.

"Emergency exit." I ran out the door with Lain following me. I could see the brawny men coming up the stairs. They both wore dingy black jackets and jeans. For some reason bad people think its okay to wear hideous clothing, but im not judging. Making eye contact with the big one. He had brown eyes but one was discolored in a gray-blue color. Holy shit, they were close.

"C'mon Lain." I pulled tighter on his jacket making him almost trip. I threw open the exit door pushing myself and Lain down the stairs. Right as we began our decent down the stairs I did the stupid thing and looked at the goons once again. This time I noticed them reach behind their backs. Getting closer to us, the tall one raised his arm pointing a silent-shooter at Lain and I.

"Kira, lets fucking go!" I snapped out of it. Lain let go of my arms. I hadn't known he was shaking me until I felt the slight pain on my upper arms. Everything on me felt like it was on fire. My lungs and mouth were dry and my legs were killing me entirely. This is a wake up call, Kira. A gym membership is calling my name.

We were on the last flight of stairs and I didn't here David's goons anymore. I thought we were in the clear until I felt something zoom past my face and through my hair. I slowly turned my head to see a crack in the wall.

"Shit shit shit, lets go!" Lain once again grabbed me and we made a run for it out the back. The small whipping sounds of the silent guns was coming from all directions. I was surprised I was still going, all of this adrenaline in my body was the only thing keeping me up.

"Cmon were almost to your car." Lain and I running at the same speed. Then all in one motion he was on the ground gripping his leg calf. He was spewing out blood, cursing and screaming at the pain. Dammit Lain, the car is right here.

"What do I do? Oh, God your bleeding out so badly." I tried grabbing onto his arm but he pushed me away rolling over to his side and pushing himself off the ground. With every being in his body he hobbled over to the car carefully placing himself into he passenger seat. I ran over to the driver side as he put the key in the ignition. Right as I put the car into drive a bullet went threw the window. Both Lain and I looked up to see David standing with a smirk on his face.

"Get out of the car, right now." He shouted. I looked to lain to see him smirking. He shook his head before grabbing onto the joystick and putting the car into reverse,

"Hit the gas." He whispered to me. I stomped my foot o. The peddle and we began moving backwards at lightning speed, hitting both goons and then switching gears almost running over David. I looked out of the rear view mirror to see him shooting after us. Lain then proceeded to stick his middle finger out of the window. I giggled at him.

I turned onto the main road. My adrenaline was running low and I could feel every bump and scratch that had come my way. I stopped giggling at Lain. This is crazy, what am I doing? My foot hit the brakes causing the car to jerk forward.

"Argh, what the hell?!" Lain was about to freak out on me until he saw me hysterically gasping for air. I think I'm having a panic attack.

"Kira, you need to breathe. Okay? Listen to me and just breathe. Don't think about anything else but breathing. In and out through your nose and mouth." I felt his hand grab my leg. My breathing was evening out and the tears that I didn't know we're falling had stopped. I opened my eyes to see Lain smiling at me.

"That's a good girl." He caressed my thigh some more. A comfortable silence fell upon us until we heard a loud honk behind us. Oh, I stopped in the middle of the street.

I began driving once again, noticing Lain's hand is still on my leg. Just when I was about to scold him for still touching me, I noticed blood was staining my jeans. And the panic soon came back.

"Oh my god, your still bleeding! Where is the nearest hospital?!" He just turned his head to me. I could feel his stare out of my peripheral vision. I looked to him again traveling my eyes to his leg.

"Did you hear me?" I looked up in his eyes not noticing he was talking to me. I was too distracted my his gaping bullet wound.

"Put in your seat belt." He stated again pulling out his cell phone. I began laughing. Is he serious right now. He is bleeding out, could possibly be going into shock and he is worried about a damn seat belt.

"You put in your seat belt!" I snapped sassily. He rolled his eyes at me not before letting me know that, "It's just a flesh wound."

He held up his finger speaking on the phone as if I weren't just speaking to him.

"She's fine. I have her driving my car. I had an accident." He spoke lowly. Why was he talking about me? Then I recognized the voice in the other end. Theo.

"I got shot. I'm going to need stitches so make sure Glenn is there when we arrive." They talked some more letting me basically ease drop on there conversation. I sped down the road remembering exactly where Theo lived. I had zoned out of the conversation thinking about how it's going to be living with Theo. Of course I'm going to have to deal with Nicole but for right now Theo is all that I care about.

"Oh and I'm pretty sure your little girlfriend is going to talk your ear off when we get home, she basically knows everything now." Lain grubbed my thigh making me yelp. He was massaging my thigh making me feel uncomfortable.

'What was that?' Theo questioned over the phone. Lain looked to me smirking while rubbing up and down my thigh.

"We hit a bump, don't worry." I think Lain is getting the wrong idea. I shimmied in my seat leaning over trying to consecrate on driving.

'Just make sure you keep your dirty hands off her, I liked her first.' My heart fluttered as I heard Theo speak about me on the phone. Then my body stiffened as Lain's fingers tapped away on my outer thigh.

"She's in good hand, brother." He smiled at me again. This is going to be a long ride.
______________________________
•what do you think of Lain putting the moves on Kira? What a creep, right?
This has to be one of my favorite chapters, just because of all the action.

-Sorry, for not updating in forever. I hadn't noticed it had been so long since I updated.
Thank you for reading| Kira😘