8.

After the lunch I spent the entire day running around New York City. Julia was really pissed about me going to the lunch. So pissed I had to pick up Nicole and drop her off at the office. It was awful having her there because her and Julia spent most of their time picking on me. Americas sweetheart my ass.

Now I'm walking to Theo's office. He wants me to finish signing my paper work tonight.

I walked into the building, my nose buried in my coat and my hands dug into my pockets. The cold is killing me. I miss Virginia. When we get snow, it's never this bad.

"Miss Kira, I was just about to leave." I looked up at the desk to see a tiny brunette at the computer. She was putting on her red designer peacoat. I search over her desk, seeing her name tag, which read Jessica. Along with photos of her, another girl, and a dog.

"I'll alert Mr. Luciano. He's been very anxious to see you." She raised an eyebrow as she put the phone to her ear. I knew It was no longer the cold that was making my cheeks burn.

"I'll send her right up, bye." She hung up the phone and came around the corner.

"C'mon, I have to get your paper work. Then we can go right up." I nodded my head following her to a room filled with copy machines and file cabinets. The room was huge and to my surprise. Very organized. Whoever does this, takes their time.

"I'm very impressed with you, Kira." I had blanked out and didn't even know she had been talking to me.

"Huh, about what?" She giggled finally pulling my file from the cabinet.

"You start from literally nothing, to assisting Julia freaking Peters, then you work privately with Luciano himself. That's amazing." She shuts off the lights, me scurrying away from the darkness. I'm not afraid she wary of what lurks in the dark.

"What do you mean by 'private'?" I asked her. It was for his plus clothing line, why would this be private.

"Only a certain amount of people are suppose to know. It's fairly new and top secret. Being curvy is a trend and people will try to steal Luciano's ideas." I nodded my head. That made so much sense now. That's why Lane didn't want to say anything to Julia.

We stood in the elevator for awhile in silence when it finally dinged letting us know we've reached the top floor. The door to Theo's office was open so I thought it would be wise to just walk in. Wrong.

"Knocking, would be the polite thing to do." Theo turned around in his chair. He was dressed casual unlike at the lunch. At lunch he had been wearing a suit but now he was dressed in a black button up covered by burgundy sweater paired with black fitted jeans. He looked really good and it was hard to keep my composure.

"Are you going to sit or are you just going to stand there with your mouth opened?" He smirked at me raising an eyebrow. Shit, He knows I was checking him out. I slowly sat inform of the desk as Jessica laid the file on his desk.

"Here's her paper work. I'm still getting her contract faxed from Lain." Jessica looked so relaxed and calm with Theo. She must be their top assistant or something.

"Thanks Jess, happy anniversary to you and Genevieve." She smiled and left out of the room. Oh, the girl in the picture must have been her wife.

"Pay attention, Kira." I snapped out of it looking up at Theo. I didn't notice until now bag he was sitting on the edge of his desk right in front of me.

"I want to see what you have today. After we sign the papers. I need you to take some head shots for me." I looked at him confused.

"I thought we would start that next week." He shook his head crossing the room to the door.

"I changed my mind. Sign those. I'll be back in a second." He left out for about 5 minutes. It didn't take me long to sign the papers. I had signed most of them the other day. I just needed to read over somethings and agree to terms.

I was looking around Theo's office. My eyes roaming to different places. Plants, mainly succulents. A couch, mini fridge. He had pictures of him and his brother along with his parents. They seemed perfect.

"I want your photos to be kind of intimate. Sexy but not over bearing. Let's get started, shall we?" I was a little skeptical once I heard him say 'sexy'. I'm far from sexy and I know this will be a challenge. I turned around to see Theo standing with my file in his hand. He was checking over my work.

"Lain tells me you have something to tell me." He pulls out a giant canon camera along with some studio lights. Oh, he's taking pictures in his office.

"Um, it's personal stuff. I don't need to bother you with." He looked up from his set up. He crossed the room standing a few inches from me, towering over me.

"What's wrong?" He seemed concern. I think he heard the nervousness and sadness in my voice.

"Well, my landlord is threatening me and my friends to kick us out because we're late on rent. And I think he really means it this time." I looked down to my shoes. I was a little embarrassed. People don't really tell their bosses about their problems.

"What's his name?" I gulped afraid he might act out more rash than Lain.

"David." I whispered.

"What's his last name?" I shook my head not really trusting my mouth.

"You don't know?" I nodded facing him. He was running his fingers through his hair, showing off his clenched jaw and strong arms.

He stepped closer grabbing my hands looking me in the eyes.

"Where do you live?" I shook my head. He's not getting involved.

"I can solve the problem myself." He gripped my hands. Not enough to hurt me but enough to catch my attention.

"I need to know if it's him. Tell me." I hesitated for a second. I shouldn't keep this to myself. People are trying to help me and i should take initiative of it.

"622 Glenn falls." He then did the unexpected. He grabbed the back of my neck and pushed me into his chest. Theo hugged me, rubbing my back in the process. I didn't know until I looked up from his tear stained sweater that I had been crying. It's been an emotional roller coaster these past few days for me.

"I'll take care of you. Do you trust me?" He whispered to me looking me in my eyes. I smiled up at him. I've never felt cared for other than Kaihe and Raven.

"I trust you."
______________________________
Trying to update at least once a week.
Thanks for reading| Kira😘