18.

We drove for what felt like days. We stopped every once in awhile because I needed to use the restroom and what not. Some of the people were upset that we keep stopping but they don't understand that I'm a lady and I need to change my tampon often.

"Cmon princess, do you want to save your friends or not." I was in mid walk to the car holding sodas and snacks for all of these lazy fuckers who decided they didn't want to get out of the car. Of course I want to save my friends. But how will we save them if we don't stop for food or gas.

"Do you want this fucking soda or not?" I yelled back at him as I walked up to each individual and gave a bag full of stuff to the driver.

"Theo handle your girl." He held out his hand, snatching the bag away from me. I'm sick of all of these people. They are so disrespectful and rude. I'm almost positive they don't even want to help me rescue my friends they just want an excuse to take down David or an excuse to kill.

"Fuck you." I whispered to myself. I didn't want to risk getting this dude even more mad than he already was because he's one of the bigger guys of the gang with a giant tattoo sprawled across his neck. Aren't the people with nicknames like 'Smiley' usually the scariest? So, yeah I'm just not going to fuck with him.

"Alright, y'all listen up. This is our last stop. We only have about an hour maybe an hour and thirty to drive left." Lain yelled out from the car. I was finally done giving everyone there small snacks and hopped into the car with Theo now in the drivers seat. The boys would switch on and off driving because they are sexist and think I can't handle the "manpower" of the car.

"Thank you, babe." Theo said as I handed him a soda. His fingers brushed up against mine as he took the drink from me. He literally calls everyone babe but I'd like to think that I was special.

"Let's head out." Theo leaned back into the car, starting it then heading back onto the main road. We drove for about 45 minutes in silent before Theo broke the silence.

"Why are you so quiet?" I felt a tug on my left thigh. I looked down to see Theo's large hand gripping my leg. Just like Lain. They are the same person and it's making my head spin. I would say just choose one but it should be a no-brainer. Theo is going to be married soon and I need to back off.

That's when I gasped. "Oh,shit." I said out loud as my hand slapped onto Theo's chest. He swerved the car slightly then regaining control.

"What? What's wrong?" I immediately took out my phone searching through the contacts.

Nicole.

"We didn't warn Nicole. What if David is at your house? What if he hurts her?" I screamed calling her. Theo looked stunned like he hadn't thought of it. He had an expression that showed he was concerned and he probably felt guilty. Well if he wasn't so focused on me and my life he would have paid more attention to her.

I waited for her to pick up the phone. It rang for three more beats until I heard someone pick up. But she didn't say anything so I just start rambling.

"Hello? Hello? Nicole? Are you okay? Don't go to the house, go to your moms. We don't know if someone might be there to hurt you so don't even go there." I said then I waited for her to say something.

"Tell her were going to my moms. She doesn't need to know where though." Theo said as we hit a stop light. All his attention was focused on me and the conversation with Nicole.

Right when I was about to tell Nicole Theo's words. Static sounded letting me know she was about to speak.

"You don't have to say anything, Kira. I know exactly where your headed." I gasped nearly dropping the phone. Theo took his eyes off the road to look at me. 'What?' He mouthed.

"As you probably already suggested, I am at Theo's estate. Waiting for him but he is nowhere to be found but I here he is headed to Berta's? Bet you thought I didn't know she was alive." He began laughing. I decided to put the phone on speaker so Theo could hear.

"Where's Nicole?" Theo gritted through his teeth. He was loud, louder than what I've heard. I've never seen Theo this angry. Not that I don't care for Nicole's safety or anything but it did bother me that he was so concerned after he had spent all his time worrying about me. I'm feeling a bit used, like Theo just wants to fix damaged people. Why else would he care?

"She's fine. I've got her wrapped up all nice and good. I promise you don't have to worry about a thing, you know since your fucking that fat chick." I whimpered. I don't know why his words hurt me so bad. He was a druggy, no good, low-life thief. Nothing he says should hurt me but because Theo heard it made me feel gross.

"Watch your mouth, boy." Theo sped up his driving. We only had about twenty minutes to his mothers house. And we needed to get there fast so nothing worse happens.

"Oh you don't like that? Sucks doesn't. Well I'll leave you to your driving. You got long ways to go. I just wanted you to know that Nicole is fine and also you're running out of time." The line went flat. Running out of time?

"What does he mean? What is he going to do? Do you think he's going to kill them?" I started panicking. Theo wasn't making it any better by slamming his foot on the gas accelerating to about 100 miles per hour. I was now sobbing, clutching on to my seat.

"Theo, what the fuck your scaring her!" Lain screamed from behind me. Theo ignored him as Lain bickered at him. I payed no attention as I sat there crying. I just want to get my friends and leave. Kaihe did say she called 'her' before we moved into Theo's house.

When all of this is done, in going to finally call my mother.

"Theo! Fucking stop." Right then we make a sharp left and my head banged against the window. My ears were ringing and I could pennies. My senses were going haywire. I could hear screaming and yelling as car wheels screeched the pavement. Doors were being slammed and my visioned was blurry. Then finally before I shut my eyes, I saw an older woman open my door and lean over me. This was her, Berta.

"You boys sure do know how to screw up everything. Get her inside and cleaned up." She turned on her heels flipping her long greying hair.

Lights out.
______________________________
And the crazy shit begins. Sorry if this chapter was short. I want all the crazy details with Berta to be in the next chapter, so that will definitely be a long chapter.

Make sure you look out for my one shots coming out soon. I'm going to try and finish this story before I post my collection of short stories though. 😊

Thank you for reading| Kira😘