7.

"Wait so Lain knows David? And he wants us to leave? For what?" I just shrugged my shoulders. Right now we were all eating breakfast, talking about my phone call with Lain.

"I think we should listen to him." I looked at Kaihe as if she was crazy. She picked up her plate moving it in to the sink. Raven and I exchanged the same look then stared at Kaihe as if she had 2 heads.

"And why is that?" I wanted to shout at her and tell her she was fucking crazy. She shrugged pouring herself some coffee.

"Just tell us your reasoning." Raven sighed putting her hand on her head. We were all stressed and on edge right now.

"Look I'm just saying maybe if someone is giving us a heads up about a creepy guy who did indeed threaten us, we should listen." Kaihe exited the room ending the conversation.

"We'll figure it out later." Raven put on her jacket leaving for work. I too had to head out, so I grabbed my coat and left in a hurry.
_______
"Your coffee, magazines, and book. Nicole called this morning, she wants to meet for lunch in Manhattan at 1:30." I quickly announce grabbing Julia's jacket and purse as she threw them at me.

"That's good 12. Call Roy and tell him to push back my meeting at 1:00. Then call Nicole and tell her to bring her wedding plan book." My eyes snapped open when she said that. I almost forgot about Lucia- I mean Theo was getting married.

My gut was feeling weird and my head started to hurt. I knew it was the familiar feeling of jealousy. Even though I didn't have much in common with Theo, I still had the slightest crush on him. Lain was nice but I'm still convinced the guy is gay, no doubt about it.

"Right away, ma'am." I mumbled under my breath. I almost made it back to my desk when I heard the 'she beast' again.

"12, go North and pick up sample flowers from Rita's. Just tell her your picking up for Peters." I nodded my head looking at her for further instructions. After a few moments she took off her glasses slamming them on the table.

"Any reason why your still here, 12?" I began shuffling and finally ran out of the door. That woman made me so nervous and crazy I didn't know what to do with myself.
______
North or what 'everyone but Julia' calls Uptown was magnificent in the winter time. It was near the big Christmas tree in Times Square. Kaihe, Raven, and I planned on spending our Christmas here instead of going back home this year.

I stepped out of my cab clutching my petticoat closer to my body. The New York air was getting worse and worse as it neared Christmas. I stomped down the side walk looking for Rita's. I've never seen a florists place in the winter so this is going to be interesting.

After walking a block and a half in what felt like below 20 degree weather I finally walked up to Rita's Flowers. It was a small corner store with tons of flowers sitting outside. I'm guessing they were fake since they are withstanding this weather.

"Hello welcome to Rita's! Can I help you, honey?" I looked around the flower shop in awe. When I say it was blooming in here, I mean it. It looked like a giant green house. 'Live' flowers were scattered everywhere making it hard to see where the voice had come.

I walked further into the store getting ready to approach a woman at a desk. Behind her were freezers that held, what I guessed were already picked flowers.

As I approached the desk a man dressed in a nice evening suit was speaking to the blonde tiny woman. He held his beige coat in his hand as he spoke calmly to her.