1| The Good Girl

Kiersten|

English. I needed to find that class before the timer my sister set, runs out. Kennedy made sure she went though my schedule about a hundred times until she felt it was okay to let me go into the school. As if I wasn't terrified enough after almost getting hit by a car, people started to stare at me. It lasted for about a minute until the school bell rang and everyone scrambled into their classes. Oh no, I'm going to be late. What class was I looking for again? My hands shuffled though the small bag my parents bought me yesterday to find that piece of paper I needed. I kept looking for it but I guess I left it at home.

"Excuse me? Are you Kiersten Angeles?" A blonde haired girl asked while approaching me. Her voice was very soft as she flashed me a light smile. "I'm your sister's friend Dianna. Do you remember me?" I sighed, shaking my head. "It's okay, don't get upset." She placed a hand on my shoulder for comfort. "Kennedy asked me to watch over you until the end of school. I'm going to bring you to all of your classes and pick you up from each one after you're done." Dianna started to take out her phone, reading something from her messenger. "It looks like your first class is engl-"

The timer in my pocket went off. I wanted to cry right then and there. Why couldn't I follow one simple direction? I'm going to be late for Trigonometry.

Dianna helped me shut it off. "Come on Kiersten, I'll walk you to English. The first day of school is never important so it's fine that you're a little late." One of her arms linked with mine as she led me though the halls.

Oh right. First period is English, not Trigonometry. Idiotic me.

The walk was pretty short with the class being only a few doors down. Three to be exact. Once we stood in front of the door, Dianna gave me a friendly nod, then fast walking to her own class. I felt a little bad for making her late. Being a burden to someone worries me. I just wish I could do things on my own the way I supposedly used to. My attention focused back at the classroom while entering it. There were about thirty students chatting among themselves, probably about their summers.

"Hello there! You must be Kennedy's younger sister. I'm so glad to meet you!" A middle aged man said enthusiastically. How did everyone know about me? It's kind of creepy, not going to lie. "I'm Dr.Alexander. Dr because I have a license as a PHD even though I'm an English teacher." I smiled politely while the rest of the class raised their brows at me. "What is your name?" Dr.Alexander questioned me.

"Kiersten" I said shyly. So far so good, no embarrassing stutters. My fingers started to fiddle around with each other out of nervousness.

"Kiersten? What kind of name is that?" The girl who almost killed me made her way into the classroom. She looked so scary, wearing a black leather jacket and faded jeans. There was a bandana wrapped around her head, holding her very light hair in place, and a stick in her mouth. I forgot what those are called but Kennedy said to stay away from them. "Your name sounds as if your parents couldn't spell Kristen right. Bootlegged as fuck! No wonder why hottie calls you Monkey, it sounds better."

My hands covered my ears. She said a bad word. Why is she being so mean?

"Skylar! Take that cigarette out of your mouth, apologize, and have a seat" Dr.Alexander raised his voice. "You have no right insulting your new classmate and betraying my classroom rules, especially on the first day of school!"

"Dude, your rules require not smoking. Last time I checked, cigarettes that aren't lit don't count as smoking. Oh, also I'm not apologizing for a fact that's true." Skylar threw the cigarette into the trash and then turned to face the class. "Hello lazy fuckers! Bow down to your queen bitches!"