44| I'm Sorry

Skylar|

"I'm sorry" I said. "That girl wasn't me, that was the drugs talking. I swear, you've got to believe me." The slightly shorter girl who had her headphones on, continued to walk as she ignored my presence. I've been apologizing everyday since the incident yet, she wanted no part in investing any more of her time on me and I didn't blame her. I was being the most selfish human being to someone who cared about me. "Would you just look at me?" I begged.

She took her headphones out of her ears and as she did that, I noticed they weren't even plugged in? Lil Angeles was able to hear me the whole fucking time! "I'm looking."

With an annoyed look on my face, I repeated. "Okay, well I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Okay." Her arms were crossed lightly around that really skinny body of her's. It wasn't out of anger but more like she had been cold?

"That's all you're going to say?"

"Yes" the dark haired brunette replied.

"Why?"

"Because I can't help you."

Rolling my eyes out of annoyance, "I don't need your help?"

She started to walk away. "I know, you need to help yourself."

"So are we chill or what?" My arms flung during the projection of my voice. "You gonna stay mad at me forever?!" I decided not to chase the volleyball player and instead, let her excuse herself.

"I'm anything but mad, I just want you to get better. Not for me or anyone else, but for you." I heard her say as she walked away.

For the remainder of the next few months, busy had become the soul definition of my life. I fucking got most of the shit I messed up, pieced back together and I was ready to move onto bigger and better things. That light at the end of the dark tunnel that everyone had been talking about, finally appeared and there was nothing left for me to say, but thank you. Thank you for all the heart break and pain, thank you to everyone who tried to help, thank you.

"Sky! We did it!" yelled my gorgeous best friend. "The last bell rang! We should so celebrate!"

Tilting the signature shades I had on, onto the mid part of my nose, "I know exactly where we can have a lit time."

There had been a tourist spot down one of the back roads of Orange County that over looked the populated area. Nothing was here but the company of Shantel, the wonderful sun, smell of fresh oxygen, picture perfect scenery, and of course, me. If we wanted to surf, all we had to do was park our car and climb down a few rocks before reaching this really small beach no one knew about.

"Let's go skinny dipping!" the dark haired girl screamed.

Letting out a small chuckle, "Bitch, I don't wanna see your vag."

"Shut the fuck up, it's not like you haven't seen it before!"

That was very true, we saw each other naked all the time but it wasn't like a fuck type of thing. We were just that comfortable with each other; Shantel and I have always been each other's halves. Even though she was madly in love with Sebastian, I was still and always will be her main bitch, fuck outta here. "You right."

I parked the car so that the two of us could climb down the rocks and get to the sand. Then, we stripped and ran into the perfect temperature water. "I feel so lively, don't you?"

Sending a smile, "Yeah, and healthy."

Malcolm X once said "The future belongs to those who prepare for it today."