31| Fairytale

Kiersten|

Wow, everything is sounding so pretty. Melancholy, the color black, and constant tear drops were a present mood. It was one of the most beautiful melodies I have ever played. The paper sheets filled with music notes read "Spring Waltz Mariage d'Amour." It was hysterical how I had been looking at the notes but not actually reading them, my hands knew how to play the piano from muscle memory. Sitting alone in the music room was something I did often after my doctor check ups. At times, I would get so overwhelmed at all the appointments that I went to; it was nice to use music as an escape.

My parents were upstairs in their home offices, catching up on the work they've missed all day because of me. I blame myself for being a distraction to everyone all the time. There was nothing more that I wanted then to take away everyone's pain. To me, the only way possible was if I turned normal again. I needed the constant migraines to stop, the carpal tunnel, my logic... everything needed to be fixed. It was incredibly frustrating not being able to remember anything either. I felt like a newborn relearning everything because I failed to the first time. Aw, pickle juice. There's no way I'm ever going to be normal again.

While I continued to tap my fingers along the black and white keys that stood in front of me, the doorbell rang. I stopped my train of thoughts to get up and answer it. Once I opened the door, a very upset looking basketball player stood in front of me. Her hair was a tad bit messy, cheeks flourished a pretty pink color, and her blue eyes seemed dull.

"Uh, hey" she said while fixing her face to something more presentable. I could totally tell that smile was a facade. "Is Kennedy home?"

I wondered why she wanted Kenny? My hand reached the sleeve of Heidi's sweatshirt to pull her in gently so that I could shut the door out of politeness. "No, are y- you okay?"

"I'm fine, love." The senior smiled lightly but her eyes were squinting a bit, telling me she was actually sad. "Don't worry."

"W- why are you looking for Kenny?" I asked softly. She looked so exhausted and drained as if she hadn't slept in days.

One of Heidi's hands reached up to scratch her scalp. We sat on one of the living room couches. More specifically, a modern white, boxy seating area. "Just needed to talk to someone who understands what I'm going through."

Feeling bad, I offered my assistance. "Can I h- help?"

The basketball star looked at me with admiration in her eyes. You could see her pupils dilating as her face reflected a softness to it. We were sitting next to each other but she changed her position so that her knees were turned towards me, allowing me to see her better. She had one of the most beautiful ocean eyes. It was like going to Hawaii and seeing the pretty blue water rather than the polluted water from places like New York City. "I'm not sure that's the best idea right now." I heard her sweet voice say. Her voice was comparable to the way your foot would step on smooth rocks at a creek. You could hear the soothing sound of the water, but you couldn't notice it's effects on the rocks, how it's shaping it slowly. "Let me text your sister and see how far she is from us."

I watched Heidi pull out her phone and tap the passcode in. 1, 4, 2, 0. Not only did that cause me to remember something, but the picture she had of us set as her home background.

"Catch me if you can!" I screamed as I ran along the coast Laguna beach. The sand against my feet felt so nice.

I felt free.