35| The Journal

Kiersten|

"Are we for certain, she'd be alright?" My mom questioned the other three doctors who were sitting at a table with me.

Dr.Bryant replied with a very annoyed tone as if he was getting tired of the middle aged woman asking the same question over and over again. "Mrs. Angeles, like I've said, we don't know how things are going to go but hopefully a positive income will come out of it."

"Her cortex was damaged from impact of the crash. However, sometimes your body can heal these areas to keep the damage from being permanent" my neurologist said. He was a total nerd with the glasses and everything; it even had the tape wrapped between the nose pads. "If the neuron connections are able to activate just as well as they used to, the long term memories that have been stored, have a chance of coming back."

My Dad nodded his head in understanding. "Alright. So, should we let her start reading?" One of his hands were rubbing the freshly shaved scruff on his chin. He was getting nervous which was making me replicate his feelings.

"For crying out loud" Kennedy grunted. "Just read the damn journal, we've been going over this for nearly an hour!"

Everyone looked taken aback from her tone of voice as they all glanced at each other within the facility's private room. Almost everything that was in this twenty by thirty feet area was white. The floor, table, chairs, light, everything. I felt like I was in a psych ward which kind of terrified me. I watched as the few people in the room waited for me to flip the front page opened.

The journal that had been kept away from me for months was fairly plain looking. It was hard covered in black with a few hand made decorations on the front of it. For instance, I could see a lot of stickers and drawings that were created. My fingers ran across the book to feel the trace marks. I could tell I had been very artistic and that put a smile on my face. The thickness of the book had been around two inches wide which gave me the impression that it was almost filled. I turned to the very first page as my eyes started to roam, never stopping. Letting out a light laugh, the old me seriously put an introduction page...

This journal belongs to Your Highness Princess Kiersten Angeles.

If you're reading this, then that must mean you lost your memory. No, whatever happened to you was not planned. Your greatest fear has always been forgetting your memory. You've had an obsession with way too many Nicholas Spark movies, one being "The Notebook."

So, you're probably wondering what you were like eh? Well let's not forget how pretty you are. The funny thing is, you never saw yourself as pretty. You thought you were too overweight and skip meals all the time, writing down on post-its what you ate throughout the day as well as counting the calories of each food. Besides struggling with your eating habits, you also struggled with your sexuality... Girl, lemme tell ya. You're legit 90% into girls and 10% into boys. That 10% goes down every time one of those cocky and crusty boys slide into your DMs. Anywho, you're super talented in legit so many things because you really liked to spend time alone from your very busy life. I'm positive you found out you can play the piano really well, sketch perfect images, write the most beautiful pieces of literacy, and even play some bomb volleyball. You're hot as hell on court!

Alright... That was just the basics. Now, the rest of this journal is going to hold any significant moment you felt was super important. Any type of deep emotion that could possibly give you sensations as you read, will be coming up. Brace yourself, Princess.

After reading the first page, I was a bit disappointed because I thought my memories were going to come back right away. I guess I had to dig a bit deeper? The finger tapping and light coughs that was happening around me was making me anxious. Everyone was so tense as they waited for me to read, it was making me fairly uncomfortable. I took a quick glace before continuing my journal.