11| An Actual Angel

Kiersten|

You could still hear the loud beat, fluctuating music along with all the intoxicated teenagers. Kennedy was still downstairs and I was sure she wasn't going to notice or worry about me since we were in our own house. My parents on the other hand, were hiding away in their room as they allowed their oldest daughter to throw a huge get together. They were going to only come out for when we'd have to do the 'welcome home' cake for me in public. I had a hard time understanding why we were doing this whole cake thing since I've been home for a few weeks now, but if it makes them happy I'll do it... Even if it's Kennedy's accuse to throw herself a party.

"So Kit-Kat, I've been meaning to ask you if I could..." she looked a bit apprehensive, her teeth biting her bottom lip softly. "...get your digits and social media?"

Looking at her questionably, "H- how come?" I asked softly. By no means was I trying to be rude, I was just curious as to why she wanted or needed it.

We were back in my room. She was lying next to me on my bed, reading texts and going through her Instagram feed. Skylar and I were on top of my covers because I didn't feel like messing up my bed until it was time for me to sleep. Her chest was going up and down slowly as her breaths were calm which told me she was relaxed. I actually really liked the sports bra she was wearing, I thought it matched her persona perfectly. Most people see the black color first but below, there's a hint of white with a screaming label. It reminded me of how everyone would automatically assume she was 100% on the dark side yet only a few people would look hard enough for that hidden innocence she has. As for the label? Well Skylar Cadwell wanted to make sure everyone knew who she was.

"Uh... Just in case you ever need me for anything. This shitty world is really dangerous" she replied without any contact, eyes still glued to her phone.

"Oh! Kay Kay!" I giggled, then taking her phone so that I could enter my phone number in and follow myself on all of her social media apps. I might of peeked at a lot of the stuff she had going on since it was hard to ignore. One thing that was certain, she talked to a lot of people through all of her application softwares. I left her phone opened on my Instagram page because it was the last thing I followed. "All d...done!"

"Holy fuck" she wined as her face turned into a pouty one. Her thumb was swiping up, looking at all of my pictures. I saw a bunch of hearts arising from her double tapping.

 I saw a bunch of hearts arising from her double tapping