30| Two Can Play

Skylar|

There was something about the way Orange County's air felt when it grazed along your face. It felt so relaxing and cool, yet warm from the sun. California had been one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in and I haven't been to a lot of places. Don't get me wrong, I love traveling. It's just that, this state has been my home for as long as I could remember. Everyone who I knew was here and all of the things that I know best are in reach. The cigarette in my mouth tasted wonderful, such a shame some people find it disgusting.

You know what's revolting? The freshman here. There were so many bitches trying to be like me, wearing the most revealing pieces of clothing and walking around with bogies between their fingers. But... the kids would just let it burn instead of inhaling it since they were too much of a pussy. Classic huh?

"You're totally judging them." My best friend said as she rolled her eyes at me. "We were literally those girls not too long ago."

"Excuse me?" I pulled the circular shades off my face. "We would never wear tight fit tank tops if our tits hadn't grown in yet, bitch."

Shantel rolled her eyes again and I swear, if she keeps doing that, her fucking eyeballs are going to pop the fuck out. "What's with your grumpy ass mood, school ended and we're smoking in a parking lot?"

Letting out a sigh, "Exactly."

"Elaborate, you weirdo" the tall model ordered.

"It's just that, I don't feel so angry anymore and it's scaring me." I throw my finished bogie onto the floor, stepping on it so that it would stop burning. "I used to hate the world, I wanted to fucking die all the time."

"And now?" She asked while taking a puff of juul. Shantel was trying to be a bit healthier than me.

Fixing my classic bandana, "I don't want to die as much."

"Uh, well I'm glad you're getting some sense" she shrugged. "I don't think I could handle losing the closest thing I have to a sister."

"You know, it's still kind of weird..." I let out a laugh. "You look at me like a sister which means technically Sebastian is like a brother. So... incest?"

"Shut the fuck up, you cunt!" She reciprocated a giggle. "It's different, I've had a crush on him since I was twelve."

"Whatever you say, hottie."

We continued to lean against my hot ass car, watching all of the kids walk out of the school. Shantel always thought I waited for the school to be somewhat empty so that I could sneak into classrooms and change my grades. But really, I was too lazy for that shit. I just liked to judge every single person's outfit. Some people looked fly as hell while others looked like they tried too hard. It was intriguing to me, trying to wonder why people chose what they chose to wear everyday. Friday's were my favorite to analyze though, mad girls would walk to school looking like a mess and then change after class into party outfits. So amazing.

"Oh look! It's your girl's girlfriend!" The tall and thin girl expressed. "She looks happy... Fucking sucks I was at a shoot and couldn't go to her free."

"Kiersten's not my girl. Also, Heidi's free was probably shit anyways." My arms crossed as I placed the shades in my hand, back onto my face. The basketball senior was walking with some of her teammates while wearing sweatpants and only a sports bra. Her body was so fit, it looked like if I punched her abs, I'd screw my hand up. "Why is she always in my sight? I'm getting allergic."

"Because she goes to our school, dumbass?" One of the model's eyebrows rose.

I looked back at her with a smirk. "I'm bored, let me go and make a new friend."