8| Lets Get Lit

Skylar|

"Should I go for the 'morning after' look or the 'I'm ready to steal your bitch look?'" I asked Shantel after I finished my makeup. She was busy putting on mascara, occupying the whole damn mirror. Looking tired, I knew she was only coming along with me because she hated going home. Her parents were kinda shitty and to be honest, if my best friend wasn't blessed with her natural beauty as well as height, there probably wouldn't of been food provided at her house.

"Go for the second because that's what usually happens at the end of the night" she stated. Her choice of clothing that was currently on her fitted well. Shantel went simple tonight with an XL white dress-shirt that was left opened, a baby blue one pieced swimsuit, blue jean shorts, and plain white adidas.

"Thanks bitch, I know exactly what I'm going to wear" I expressed while super stoked.

Shuffling through my simple closet, I grabbed out a black pair of overalls I hadn't worn in a while. I was already wearing undergarments, a black Calvin Klein sports bra and underwear. My legs slowly entered into the long pant parts while I was putting my outfit on. After that was completed, I attached only my right buckle so that the bra and the shape of one tit would be exposed. The other half hung loosely and every time I would walk, you'd hear metal clinking from the unclasped buckle. I always kept the same jewelry on, a black choker, a long necklace with some random ass key attached to it, and occasionally I would add another necklace that was short enough to fit in between the two other neck pieces. Then, we had my rings that were placed on multiple fingers, giving me a bad ass look. Speaking of which, though it was night time, I grabbed my aviator shades to cover over my eyes. It was a little something I liked to use if I ever felt like I needed a break from the crowd.

"It's a bit weird how Kennedy Angeles invited you over to her house. Thought she hated you" voiced Shantel. Her placement was by my opened door, waiting for me to meet her so that we could leave.

"Now who could hate a charmer like me?" I joked. "Nah, I've been talking to her younger sister since you've been ghosting me lately."

She rolled her eyes knowing I wasn't upset at all for her lack of presence at school. "Talking? She doesn't really talk?... Hold up you're having fucking se-"

"No, It's not like that" I cut her off before she could finish. "We actually somewhat communicate to an extent."

"Really?" One of her eyebrows lifted. "Her personality seems very different compared to yours, too different. She's a lil sweetheart in our foreign language class... At least I think? She writes a bunch of shit but I don't understand Spanish since I'm dippin most of the time."

My lips curved a little at Kiersten being described as a sweetheart. I knew she couldn't express herself well and it made me glad that people like my best friend saw more to her than the reason why she couldn't. It had to be her actions and the way she presented herself, always smiling like a goof. Her being Kennedy's sister might of helped a bit, but if she hadn't been, I'm sure everyone would still find her delightful.

Placing my phone, wallet, and keys into the pockets of my overalls, "Well... your thinking is on point cuz she is one."

We both made our way quietly to the front door of my house, tiptoeing while keeping the floor from creaking as much as possible. It was a little over 10pm so most of my family had been sleeping for quite a bit now. Mom and Dad were always tired after they would come home from work and check on the bills, Sebastien had shifts til 11 as a waiter at a local restaurant, and Savannah's bedtime was always at 7:30pm. All of them were used to Shantel being in our house since they knew of her situation and loved her as if she was apart of the family. Twisting the doorknob and holding our breath, we made it out smoothly.